Talk

Advanced search

A brilliant pregnancy book

(9 Posts)
owenhuw Wed 28-Sep-11 22:15:22

When i was pregnant i had a great book on pregnancy but i can't remember the title or the author. Now my friend is pregnant i'd like to get it for her. It was written in a humorous way and i can remember it had a ruler at the bottom of every page telling you how big your baby will be this week. Please, does anyone recognise my description? It's not a Vicki Lovine!
Thank you.

hermionejgranger Thu 29-Sep-11 07:30:56

I think the one you're talking about is the Rough Guide to Pregnancy - I've got it and agree it's fab! Did the author describe the baby v early on as lookng like a "space prawn" and then have to have an EMCS at the end? If so, def the Rough Guide!

HTH smile

festiemum Thu 29-Sep-11 07:33:38

Yes, hear hear! It is the BEST guide to pregnancy ever, and it's by Kaz Cooke!

Midgetm Thu 29-Sep-11 07:36:27

Made me LMAO on the tube.

heartmoonshadow Thu 29-Sep-11 07:52:42

I had that book too for my first pregnancy it is fab and although I read it to death I am going to use it for this pregnancy too because it is cheery.

redexpat Thu 29-Sep-11 20:11:01

Yes, def rough guide.

openerofjars Mon 03-Oct-11 20:35:30

Oh, I loved that book. Her Rough Guide to Babies and Toddlers is ace as well: really common sense with great play ideas.

Plus the cartoons are vey funny!

peggyblackett Mon 03-Oct-11 20:39:32

I loved the Rough Guide. I didn't realise there was a toddler equivalent....<goes off to look on Amazon>.

openerofjars Wed 05-Oct-11 21:02:13

If the author isn't a mumsnetter she bloody well ought to be. She somehow makes being a parent of tiny child/ren seem like a job that can actually be done by normal people who panic, swear and fail to feed their offspring broccoli, rather than by saints and goddesses. I have a tiny weeny girl crush on her.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now