Talk

Advanced search

In so much pain :(

(8 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Tue 27-Sep-11 23:21:49

I'm 36+3 with large baby measuring 41 weeks. Baby is 3/5. Been getting pelvic pain for few weeks but this is now so so painful sad can hardly move and only comfortable postipn is on loo or on all fours. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage tomoz if like this. Actually no clue whether I'll get any sleep either. If spd surely pillow between legs should ease it? I've taken paracetamol but no luck with it. Could this be something happening?

justhayley Tue 27-Sep-11 23:28:58

I'm only 10 weeks so am no expert but are you sure your not in labour? If your baby's big and ready it would make sense that she/he would come early?!

What ever it is I hope it doesn't go on for too much longer and you manage to get some sleep.

Maybe a call to your midwife or hospital would be a good idea.

Xxx

GroovyRach Tue 27-Sep-11 23:29:56

Aww, I totally feel your pain. Terrible ache in pelvis/pubic area for last 2 weeks now. I feel like I sit down and just can't get back up again! Phoned mw last fri as I'd had enough, she recommended keeping legs together as much as possible, taking it easy, no stairs etc. Sleep with a pillow between legs and watch how you get up and out of bed/car. Said it was ok to take paracetamol for the pain. Also suggested just sitting in a warm 'baby pool' at local swimming centre as the water helps take all weight off your body and provide some relief.

Just think, not much longer to go then the pain should disappear aswell! smile

MamaMaiasaura Tue 27-Sep-11 23:37:20

Thanks rach - I know end is in sight, it's just I'm laying here in bed hoping for sleep and rest. Hate moaning as well but omg this hurts

Hayley - I'm not having contractions and no other signs like a show so unlikely I'm in labour, tho I wish it was tbh

GroovyRach Tue 27-Sep-11 23:40:49

Oh I know, I was ready to scream at mw the other day on the phone 'just please get this baby out!!' I had been sleeping well up until it got really bad but now I wake everytime I need to turn. Takes me a good few minutes as I have to do it in stages blush. I feel like a 90 year old!! It's a terrible pain sad

MamaMaiasaura Tue 27-Sep-11 23:46:18

Yup def feeling like a decrepit old lady here. And having to get up to pee is marathon. Dh off on sofa for peace and quiet and I've got my 3 year old who is too scares of ghosties to sleep anywhere but with me. Getting some back pain too. Just wish I was in labour now tho I know baby will come when ready.

Imnotaslimjim Tue 27-Sep-11 23:57:21

I had severe SPD when pg with DD so totally understand your pain

The reason the pain eases when on the loo or all fours is because the pelvis is "locked" and sat square. If it is SPD, a pilow between the knees can actually make it worse. Try putting as many as you find comfortable behind you, so you can sleep sat up, and put a couple under your knees, legs bent, feet flat (so in a similar position to what you would be when sat on the loo) For turning in bed, satin PJ's are a godsend. And keep your legs closed as much as you can, seperating the pelvis causes the worst pain ever! If you're very bad, see the GP or MW and get some decent painkillers prescribed. Codeine is perfectly safe this late into the pregnancy. Hope you all get some relief soon.

wonkylegs Wed 28-Sep-11 00:05:16

Can you get a support belt from your midwife/ hospital / GP? - I got mine from the pregnancy physio at the hospital (walk-in pregnancy spd/ back pain clinic), I didn't have spd (RA in hips & spine instead) but it was originally for this- its really not a pretty accessory but it really helped towards the end

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now