Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sweep advice

(3 Posts)
naomi79 Tue 27-Sep-11 22:56:41

I may seem a little early on this one (30weeks) but since a midwife I saw this week mentioned it I thought I'd get your advice.
I had an emergency c-section with my DD so have been told that they will offer me a sweep at 39 weeks to encourage labour and reduce the pressure on my scar, has anyone had experience in this situation and would you recommend taking them up on it or sitting it out? I'm hoping for a VBAC this time so will try anything that will help this however not sure as didn't have a sweep last time so not sure if it will be advantageous, any help?? Ta

muffins Wed 28-Sep-11 07:43:39

Hi naomi

I also had EMCS for DC1, hoping for VBAC.
Am 39+4 and when I saw midwife yesterday and asked when I could have one she said technically I had to be a week past due date but has booked me in for one at 40+4.
I think I'd have accepted one at 39 if offered but like you I didn't have one last time so it's a bit of the unknown isn't it

talktalktalk Wed 28-Sep-11 09:53:12

i was in the same boat with my last pregnancy. i had a sweep and will warn you it dose hurt! but half an hour after i had mine ( luckly i had just stepped in my front door ) my waters went...every where!! althow it didn't start my labore as there was sill one bag to be birst it dose seem to do the trick. good luck to both of you smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now