Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think waters may have gone??

(38 Posts)
CrazyAlien06 Tue 27-Sep-11 22:52:16

hi am after advice really-** TmI alert!!*
Am 39+2 and just laying in bed chatting to DH and watching baby doing funky dance moves when heard a weird 'pop/crack' sound and had a bit of pain low down. So got up to head to the toilet which is downstairs and felt a bit of liquid come out into my pants. Got to loo and more came out , not lots but a small amount and it was free flowing so I'm sure it wasn't urine. Didn't smell like urine either.
Now got sharp pains down low too.... Have put pad on and now back in bed. Oh also had upset tummy when on loo.

Not sure what to do?!? Am I hoping too much that it is the beginning of something or could it actually be happening?

My family have very quick labours ie 1.5hrs so I'm concerned about getting to the hospital. The pains are concentrated down low at the moment but quite painful ( however I do have a low pain threshold!)
I am back in bed but obviously adrenaline is pumping and I'm scared....
Any advice would be fab? Could I have just had an 'accident' or is it maybe starting for real?

CrazyAlien06 Tue 27-Sep-11 22:53:53

tmi alert again!!
Oh and when I went to loo for second upset tummy bit when I wiped the liquid was thick and stringy/gooey..... Oh I'm so confused!!

Baby is moving loads now

thisisyesterday Tue 27-Sep-11 22:55:50

oooh it sounds like it might be starting! especially as you heard a popping sound.

bit yuck, but smell the pad if you have any more come out...

upset tummy is also a sign of things starting..your bbody will have a clear out in advance grin

i would start timing the pains you are having, and maybe ring the delivery suite and ask their advice as they may want you to come in to check if waters have gone... some liek to induce after a certain period of time if waters have broken but nothing has happened.

NonnoMum Tue 27-Sep-11 22:56:15

Phone your MW and see what she says.
She will probably say try a get some rest/take a bath etc etc but tell her about your family history!
And Good Luck!
And come back to keep us up to date.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Tue 27-Sep-11 22:56:27

My waters broke on my due date, trickled for a while rather than gushed, and had no signs of labour prior to that.

Call your labour ward and ask them if they want you to go in. Mine did to check my waters had broken and then sent me home with a time to come in the next day to be monitored, and induced if contractions hadn't broken.

The pain may be baby moving onto your cervix, rather than actual contractions. Either way I would get to the hosital to be checked out.

Lots of luck!

hiccymapops Tue 27-Sep-11 22:57:12

Sounds like it smile ring the hospital and see what they say.

Good luck smile

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Tue 27-Sep-11 22:57:23

*contractions hadn't started

lollystix Tue 27-Sep-11 22:57:23

My hindwaters went just like this - contractions started within 30 mins. Sounds like you're on your way. Good luckxxx

pozzled Tue 27-Sep-11 22:57:43

Sounds like your mucus plug has come away and waters have started to go- they don't always come in one big rush.

I would be phoning labour ward if I were you, let them know whats happening and see what they advise.

Good luck!

CrazyAlien06 Tue 27-Sep-11 23:00:50

Hi, I don't have a mw as such, useless service round here, have seen different mw at each appt! Shall I ring be mw led delivery suite number where I am aiming to have baby?
Just worried it's me having a little accident and I'll waster their time! ( it's 30 min car drive away)

Oh why can't babies just give a sign like changing your tummy to blue or something lol

CrazyAlien06 Tue 27-Sep-11 23:01:24

Also it was only a litle bit of water?

YougreatPamplemousse Tue 27-Sep-11 23:03:40

Give them a ring if you think it is your waters as they will have a guideline on how long before they induce you to reduce the infection risk.

hiccymapops Tue 27-Sep-11 23:04:05

I thought the same thing with ds1, I wasn't sure if they were little accidents, as it was an occasional trickle. Then I soaked the car seat, kitchen floor, settee (even through towels!) I didn't know they could just keep coming with the contractions grin. Yes, phone the midwife led unit and see what they say.

Please let us know how you get on x

stottiecake Tue 27-Sep-11 23:05:08

phone your mw led delivery service! My labour started very similarly - trickling waters, bloody mucus. That was the sunday morning baby arrived the tuesday lunchtime!! good luck x

NonnoMum Tue 27-Sep-11 23:05:13

When I said your midwife I meant the generic MW on duty tonight.

No question is a silly question. It's you and your baby (and MN waiting for a live birth thread!!) wink

LaVitaBellissima Tue 27-Sep-11 23:10:47

Phone in definitely, it can all happen fast, or not as the case may be but always best to be organised and ready. My waters went at 4am, 6 weeks early and I was already 7cm by 9am and was rushed in for a C section (id twins) all fine though smile

Good luck grin

LaVitaBellissima Tue 27-Sep-11 23:11:41

Mine was hardly any water, and I also saw a little blood when going to the toilet, all of which is fine.

piprabbit Tue 27-Sep-11 23:15:07

The MWs can test a soggy pad to see if it your waters or wee.

Give them a call and they'll tell you if they need you to pop in. Or give it a little while and see if anything else happens.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 28-Sep-11 08:40:49

Sooooo any news? smile

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 28-Sep-11 08:43:19

Mine was like Niagra Falls but the pop really freaked me out. I wasn't expecting someone to essentially burst a balloon in my hoo-hoo!

Good luck! smile

CrazyAlien06 Wed 28-Sep-11 20:48:51

hellooo!!!
Well after calling the mw led unit I was told to come in and they would check me, On the way there i was having 'pains' every 3 mins, got there, they turned out to be contractions! Baby girl born 3 1/2 hrs after arriving in the hospital- water birth, gas and air and a 8lb 8oz baby!!
I didnt even have time for an internal so had no idea how far gone I was lol.

Flisspaps Wed 28-Sep-11 20:50:43

Congratulations!

YougreatPamplemousse Wed 28-Sep-11 20:54:05

Congratulations smile

stripeybump Wed 28-Sep-11 20:54:21

Yaaaaay I read the whole thread and got to the end to see you've had your little girl!

Big congratulations, how fantastic thanks

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 28-Sep-11 20:54:36

Yay!! Wonderful news smile

Congrats

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now