Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone up for a sensible eating thread?

(8 Posts)
tostaky Tue 27-Sep-11 13:45:35

Pregnant with my 3rd, I put on loads for DS2 and still haven’t shifted it.
I am 6 weeks now and I already feel like im allowed to eat everything and anything…
Yesterday I ate far too much and today I already ate some unnecessary crisps and chocolate…. sad
i really dont need to put on weight...

themightyskim Tue 27-Sep-11 16:10:17

I know the feeling, I was already a bit overweight and while I have no problems at all with gaining weight in pregnancy I would like it to be at a healthy level- mindue while ive not had morning sickness Ive gone right off food in general I wouldnt mind just wanting a bit of junk at the moment!

phlossie Tue 27-Sep-11 16:38:58

Hahaha - read the title of this thread while eating a meringue with jam and extra thick double cream. The shame.

themightyskim Tue 27-Sep-11 17:38:46

god that sounds delicious smile

Sandra2011 Tue 27-Sep-11 17:41:45

Moment on the lips - forever on the hips smile

tostaky Wed 28-Sep-11 09:51:02

Ok I will try to take it one hour at a time because for now it is so difficult to control my eating. I had already too much and it is not past 10 am yet!!
Thinking about mentiionning it to midwife at my booking in appointment.
Also to get myself motivated im looking at some sunny holidays in March (I’ll be 7 months) and to look good in a swim suit at 7 months, I’ll have to lay off the chocolate and the junk food..!!!

Got plenty of healthy snacks on hand today, hopefully the day will end better than it started…

PamBeesly Wed 28-Sep-11 12:42:48

Oh I know what you mean, I have gained 12lbs and I'm only in week 18, I couldn't eat properly because of morning sickness for weeks and lost weight then my appetite came back with gusto and I feel hungry now when not eating. I'm not even eating unhealthy chocolate and crisps but lots of cheese on brown bread and orange juice. I see to be gaining weight very fast and I'm really off the food I used to love, chinese, curry, chips.
Today for example I had 2 slices of wholemeal bread with some butter and now I'm having 2 weetabix with milk. I will have fruit in about an hour (about 5 pieces) But its in the afternoon I'll probably have 2 sandwiches, 2 biscuits, soup, dinner will be salad with mozzarella or bacon and 3 slices of bread with hummus! It sounds like so much but when if I don't eat I feel awful.
I do gentle exercise, walking etc because I wasn't super fit before getting pregnant sad

18+5

pregnantmimi Thu 29-Sep-11 00:04:03

most people get big anyway so just enjoy it lose it after

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now