Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Contractions, but only at night?! 40+6, and fed up.

(5 Posts)
zosie24 Tue 27-Sep-11 10:50:00

Hey ladies!

I had a sweep last Wednesday which was my due date. I had a snotty/bloody show on the Thursday and Friday (Nice!). Since Thursday I've been having contractions, but only at night. I'm being woken by the pain, and it's a wave of strong period style pain across my back and sides of bump, lasting around 30-40 secs every 5-10 minutes for about 4 hours.

Is it unusual to stop and start like this for days?

It's driving me insane, and I think I'm slowly turning nocturnal. I really wanted to avoid another sweep which I've got booked in for later today. oh well!

Milliebow Tue 27-Sep-11 16:22:10

Just wanted to say I'm having the same thing. No help really! Been going on for weeks although more uncomfortable than painful. I'm 40 + 10 with first baby. Have another sweep booked for tomorrow. Last sweep was Friday.

phlossie Tue 27-Sep-11 16:28:27

Good luck both of you. I have nothing helpful to add except that I sympathise - my babies were 40+15 and 40+11. Boring! You'll get there - and really soon, especially if you're already having contractions.

mumt1 Tue 27-Sep-11 17:45:52

How did it go at ur sweep? I was gonna say get urself checked as it could be slow labour and because ur laid in bed relaxing your able to feel it more

zosie24 Tue 27-Sep-11 22:23:47

At my sweep today my midwife said I'm pretty much ready to go! Fully effaced Cervix and bulgy membranes (lovely image) Just obviously a very comfy baby that doesn't want to go anywhere just yet.

Milliebow - I hope your sweep produces some results! It's so frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now