Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eaten Out of Date Food

(5 Posts)
mrsmiffy Tue 27-Sep-11 05:56:35

Hi. Middle of the night and I'm probably being neurotic but wanted to check something out so I can get some sleep. I was kindly cooked dinner by my husband last night but he served up a dish full of 8 month old bread crumbs. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and now have a tummy ache (only very mild and could be simply anxiety and tiredness) but can anyone advise if I should be concerned? Thanks.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Tue 27-Sep-11 06:13:01

If it tasted ok I'm sure you will be fine & your tummy ache is probably the same one I get everytime I have a mad panic about something this pregnancy (probably every other day blush)
Meat, fish & dairy would be bad but I think you will be ok so hope you are fast asleep & not stressing now smile

LoveInAColdClimate Tue 27-Sep-11 08:00:53

Assume they were frozen (unless I am being thick - I make breadcrumbs by blitzing stale bread in the Magimix and freezing it, am assuming this is the norm)? I wouldn't think twice about eating them.

Truffleshuffler Tue 27-Sep-11 08:06:30

Don't worry Miffy, I think you'll be fine.

goodnightmoon Tue 27-Sep-11 08:47:54

relax - this is what the FSA said last week, upon scrapping "sell by" dates:

'Best before' dates relate to food quality, including taste, texture and appearance. Eating food past its 'best before' date is unlikely to be harmful.

bread crumbs are definitely not something likely to harbour bacteria.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now