Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clear Blue Faint Line

(12 Posts)
MissSpells13 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:27:08

One for all the HPT scrutinizers... Tried Clear Blue Plus pregnancy tests, and both tests (2 days apart) had a very thin blue line, slightly to the left. I did some extensive google-ing, and it seems this is a problem other people have had, so I called the company. They asked if the line was thin, 'like a hair', and said that the test hadn't functioned properly. They are sending me a digi, so I'll try again in a few days. Hopefully this was an early positive, but I got a negative First Response the day before...

Anyone had this and it was positive after all? Or negative? I'm driving myself crazy.

sunnysunchild Mon 26-Sep-11 15:30:17

I got one of these results. Was a negative. Would never buy a Clearblue again.

Oeisha Mon 26-Sep-11 16:38:04

My clearblu positive was very feint but fairly thick and central. I did once have a very, very thin line to the side, but assumed it was a hiccup on the test, and thus neg, as it wasn't central or thick, tested again with what happened to be a superdrug one 5 days later and neg (left over from being on period stopping hormones and having to check every 5-6 mths). If you've tried another brand I'd assume neg. If in doubt, leave it 5-7 days a re-test and try not to go mental in between. Good luck xxx

MissSpells13 Mon 26-Sep-11 16:48:45

Thanks. Gut instict is that these tests just aren't very good - which they seem to be aware of!

5-7 days? You must have a will of iron. If the period still doesn't arrive by Wednesday, I'm busting out the cheap Superdrug test. ;)

kat2504 Mon 26-Sep-11 16:51:33

Superdrug tests are excellent. They are 10miu so probably more sensitive than the CB. I got a positive at 11dpo on one of those and it was a fairly convincing line.

dribbleface Mon 26-Sep-11 20:08:12

yep agree that superdrug tests were the best for me (serial POS!)

loverocky Mon 26-Sep-11 22:52:44

yes sometimes the cheapest are the best and more 100% strangely enough. i used a cheap tesco one first and then the next day got a digital clear blue where it tells you how far along.
I did the second test because the tesco one was taken later at night and tests are more accurate when its your first urination of the day smile i was 3 weeks + when i took the clear blue digital as it told me and it was right aswell, i had to throw it after though as the batteries in it only last 24 hours so if you believe in keeping the tests like me, i kept my cheap tesco one hehe lol
good luck x

pregnantmimi Tue 27-Sep-11 12:02:39

I got the same digital all the way now turns out I was pregnant from the faint line xx

Jamina Tue 27-Sep-11 15:22:19

Hi I did the digital clearblue one that tells you the amount of weeks, tried at 4 days late and got not pregnant. Still hadn't come on by 11 days so tried it again and got 1-2 weeks x

MissSpells13 Fri 30-Sep-11 10:08:04

Hi all,
Just to update, 4 days late now but got negative on my freebie Clear Blue digi. So I'm personally none the wiser, but convinced that the faint, thin line was in fact a negative/malfunction. If you get this result, call them and complain.
Sooo done with testing for a while, and done with early testing forever!

WishingIWasLucky Fri 30-Sep-11 10:48:27

Misspells- what cd are you? You could try a different brand of test, eg. Superdrug?

WishingIWasLucky Fri 30-Sep-11 10:52:53

Ok...wonder if you girlies can help me out. I'm on cd23 of a 25 day cycle. Did a superdrug test this morning- bfn. Is this trustworthy? When did you guys get your bfps? Not holding out much hope, but just asking for info purposes, hopefully for future testing times in cycle... Don't want to get addicted to poas aka MN stylee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now