Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

please don't laugh at me..

(12 Posts)
teafanatic003 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:01:09

or flame me :/ this is stupid but serious

I've been mulling over the idea of having more kids in the futire but something is troubling me that only mothers can answer,

I'm worried that it will leave me rather ahem.....baggy down there

is this an old wives tale or am I doomed ???
(this is already in aibu) but I doubt ill get many decent responses there tbh)

It is something that people laugh at but I am quite worried.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 26-Sep-11 15:04:41

I replied to your AIBU one; old wives tale.

teafanatic003 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:14:46

ok

teafanatic003 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:14:57

even like say 4 kids??

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 26-Sep-11 15:20:54

Well, it's going to depend on how the births go; I see from the other thread you have only the one atm. The women saying they had Csections have a point, but there are also pelvic floor exercises (kegels) for those who give birth vaginally. From my own experience, 1 birth involving forceps and episiotomy, and one which narrowly avoided same, I'm still in good nick as I approach 50.

teafanatic003 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:24:43

hmm yeah I thought i was finished after mine had about (30 stitiches & 3rd degree tearing)
scared of it happening again and lasting effects with others

saoirse86 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:28:51

I've only had one but have been surprised, I know this sounds weird but I feel tighter than before. We have to put more effort in to foreplay now to, ahem, open me up!

I had an episiotomy so maybe I was tied up nice and tight! grin

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 26-Sep-11 15:43:28

Could you discuss an elective CS in advance? I gather different health authorities have different policies on this, but if your birth experience was that bad the first time I'd think you have a good case.

Crosshair Mon 26-Sep-11 15:48:56

I'd be more worried about incontinence or a prolapse.

gapants Mon 26-Sep-11 15:54:35

Pelvic Floor Exercises. you can get back into shape you know.

razzdazz Mon 26-Sep-11 17:35:08

I have delivered three times now, first was episiotomy and am currently pregnant again. I will say that sex feels no different and that hubby has no complaints (nor do I wink. However, I do have the odd urine leakage blush and have made this discovery during this pregnancy......every time i retch/vomit it tends to escape even if I have just used the loo!!! Oh the joy of it all!!

spookshowangellovesit Mon 26-Sep-11 17:56:31

you can get tighter after pregnancy's and labours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now