Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just found out i'm pregnant wiv DC2..OMG!!

(9 Posts)
treehuggermum Sun 25-Sep-11 22:55:55

DD is 15m.o. Still b.f'ing, still co sleeping, and love it. Totally in love with her. Didnt plan to have another for another year or so as i've found the last 15m's really hard! So scared of morning sickness especially whilst still feeding, but it's gonna take time to wean. I'm also worried about losing the strong bond me and dd have. I wanted to give her all my attention for as long as possible! I'm grateful for being pregnant again, and i know there's many positive aspects to having them 2 years apart instead of 3..i just feel bit shocked, and scared. Dont feel ready! Any support welcome x

naomi79 Sun 25-Sep-11 23:29:55

I know how you feel!! Although there is a bigger age gap; DD just turned 2 and I'm 30weeks pregnant, I too had 'planned' on a few years before having another so could devote my time to DD1, I am only just now coming to terms with the massive mixed bag of emotions it brings especially the guilt!! sad I'm finding this pregnancy very hard physically (have PGP) on top of my emotional state and constantly fear I'm not giving my all to DD1 however everyday she reminds me I'm doing an ok job by her smiles and hugs etc and I'm really making sure she is involved with this baby. We constantly look at 'picters' of her when she was a baby and she strokes and kisses bump, I know it will be hard but we have to remember that we DO have enough love to go around and that we will be just as good at being mummy to two as 1!!
Not sure if that has helped at all but you're not alone in feeling that way smile x

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 25-Sep-11 23:39:32

Ds was 2 years and 4 months when dd arrived. Ds and I have always had a very close bond and I also was worried that dd may jeopardize (sp?) that bond. She did not at all. Ds is still extremely close o me and now dd is close to me too grin
Congrats

Iggly Mon 26-Sep-11 07:21:02

smile congratulations!

You might find DD weans as your pregnancy progresses - although DS is still going (am 30 weeks and he's nearly 2).

The sickness was bearable but the first trimester tiredness was a killer! Try and rest when your DD naps and get to bed early.

I'm worried about the bond with DS but DH has been doing loads to look after DS so it's more equal, important when number 2 arrives and I'm tied to the sofa again!

acatcalledfelix Mon 26-Sep-11 17:21:48

Congrats!!!!
Our gap will be similar, DS will be just two when DC2 arrives (planned, I am mad?!). I was still breastfeeding DS when I became pg and intended to continue but he self-weaned (at about 19mo). I was quite sad, and do wonder if he'll become interested again when he sees his sibling feeding! but, it did start to hurt so it wasn't a really bad thing for me I suppose.

I've been more unwell this pg than my last so have relied on DH alot for support with DS (he's always been very hands on as he should be but has def done more than his share over the last few months). It's good that DS has such a close relationship with DH for when I'm tied to my newborn.

My advice is get as much help as you can from family and friends to help you get through the difficult bits of pg (though fingers crossed you'll be fine) so you get a break, and your dd gets used to being with other people as "normal". Things like not having to take DS to all my antenatal apts has been great as here they are always really behind and it's far less stress not having to entertain a toddler in the waiting room.

I think we're in for a massive challenge with our age gaps, but it'll all be worth it in the end! smile

Nanny01 Mon 26-Sep-11 18:17:09

You don't have to wean your little one yet if you don't want to lots of people tandem feed. I worried when we had our second but with in moments of birth I knew I had enough love to go around. I am on baby no 5 and always get that feeling but it soon passes.

If you think you need help consider taking a student on I did this and the girls that came were so helpful from the childcare department.

treehuggermum Tue 27-Sep-11 08:48:14

Thank you mammas! nanny i wouldn't mind tandem feeding except i dont know how this will be possible to feed dd through being so sick. How do you go about getting a student to come help?

Nanny01 Wed 28-Sep-11 12:43:56

Hi The local college will probably help if they do childcare courses. I had 2 girls who where doing nvq and though I wouldn't leave them alone with the kids they were great and I certainly looked forward to the days that they came as I could do some house work and do day trips. Best of all they are free.

As for Tandem feeding it is possible and then you won't be upsetting yourself with stopping. Most kids say that the milk may lessen or taste different. I wished I had fed that long as I managed 8 months and would have loved to continue.

treehuggermum Thu 29-Sep-11 22:53:50

Thanks nanny, i might see about that. I'm just curious, as you said you have 5 children why you fed for 8 months max when you wanted to feed for longer, what was stopping you iydmma?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now