Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

advice needed!!...please

(16 Posts)
mumt1 Sun 25-Sep-11 21:37:56

Ok so, let's start from beginning, I have been having pains my whole pregnancy (I'm 10weeks) I have had 2 scans, second one saw a heartbeat but baby was very small. That was a few weeks ago, since that very day I started bleeding wierd coloured discharge, it cleared up after a few hrs, then the same a week later, and since then, there's been more and more regular. For the past weeks its been everyday but still like dishargy blood its wierd, was pretty red last nyt, then today quite pinky and dark. I have been having pains still. I'm just so confused. I've not been checked since before I started bleeding. Is it normal? So everall been about 3 weeks now since it first started.

Makeminealarge Sun 25-Sep-11 21:43:46

Hi mumt1. Im on my second pregnancy, and normal 'pains' tend to be stretching of the ligaments, your uterus growing, some back pain or the like. Any bleeding should ideally be checked out, as far as i am aware its not 'common' in pregnancy although i do know a lady who bleed as if she had a period for the first 6 months! How severe is your pain? pain and bleeding together should be checked out imo. Get an appt with the doc asap. even to put your mind at rest.

nicm Sun 25-Sep-11 21:45:25

hi, i had pains in both pgs but no bleeding. not sure where you should go...can you call the hospital and ask for another scan or to see midwife? or go to your gp tomorrow and see what they recommend?

smile

mumt1 Sun 25-Sep-11 21:51:22

Well I am living off paracetamol. It doesn't help that I have a kidney infection to help distinguish the pain from which one. As I've already had two scans before bleeding I don't wna look silly for going for another, I'm at the point now where I'm going out of my mind with worry and I don't ever get to sit and relax, with paramedic course, a toddler and a job and house to run

Oeisha Sun 25-Sep-11 22:23:09

mumt1 Not sure where you are located, but your local early pregnancy unit should be able to help. Was it them you went to for the early scan? If so, then ring them again. The bleeding is essentially a 'new' symptom. The worry alone will be adding to it all, so defnintely ring them, or you MW and get them to re-scan. You won't look silly, they're 100% used to worried Mums to be.
I had early bleeding and was told to not worry if it carried on, regardless of colour unless I was getting through sanitry pads (I wasn't). Easier said than done, but I did get referred to my local EPU and I found the scans (2 of them, 6wks and 8wks) very comforting. Luckily my bleeding stopped by 13wks.
Fingers crossed for you.

mumt1 Mon 26-Sep-11 08:57:39

Why are some community midwives so useless... Anyway iv had to talk to a different midwife and she's sorted me a scan out for tomorrow morning

themightyskim Mon 26-Sep-11 09:28:15

Hi mum, Ive had a similar experience, ive been in constant low grade pain, lots of different types, I can pick out the muscular ones but there is a niggly one Im still not sure of, also Ive had a bleed for several days now, lots of dark brown blood but quite a bit of red to start, the EPU told me that it was my cervix bleeding and that it was likely to continue throughout pregnancy, the baby was quite happy above the trouble lol kicking away

I keep saying that this pregnancy lark hasnt been at all what I expected and I mean it - no pregnancy sympoms for weeks and now bleeding and pain to boot, its no wonder we are nervous wrecks

Fingers crossed your in the same boat as me, and that everything goes well for you tomorrow smile

mumt1 Mon 26-Sep-11 13:00:35

Thank you it does sound very simular, if its ur cervix bleeding then surely they shud do something about it coz u might have a weak cervix?

themightyskim Mon 26-Sep-11 13:06:00

She was so so so offhand with me I couldn't ask about stuff like that, I was told in no uncertain terms that unless I bled for more than a fortnight or passed a fist sized clot not to darken the EPU's door again- Ive spoken with my midwife this morning who was a bit pissed off really with that advice which cheered me up no end but she did say that brown blood was not really a cause for concern, I'll be interested to see what sort of advice your given tomorrow

mumt1 Mon 26-Sep-11 13:22:31

Ok well ill let u no, my blood was brown but its gone pretty red and been everyday for a week and every few days for 2 weeks before that. Don't think I could do it all pregnancy. I've already gt a toddler and never bled with him. Not once.

mumt1 Tue 27-Sep-11 13:45:17

Baby is fine, hearts beating away n its a little fat bum! Lol. Well they didn't say anything about the bleeding tho

Spellcheck Tue 27-Sep-11 13:52:07

Sorry, lurking! Just want to say - fantastic news!!!!!

PamBeesly Tue 27-Sep-11 14:10:51

Hi mumt1 great that the baby is fine, when I was 12 weeks I had some bleeding in discharge on and off for a few days, I had an exam and the doctor told me my placenta was moving and it was brushing against a blood vessel and that caused the bleeding, she said it was common enough. Good luck, hope you are able to get some rest now too, you need it

themightyskim Tue 27-Sep-11 16:07:09

Brilliant news mumt1 Im so glad everything was ok you and I must just be bleeders lol - hope your feeling reassured now smile

mumt1 Tue 27-Sep-11 17:07:00

Lol thankyou, that's exactly wt the nurse said, I must just be a bleeder! Lol. Been for 3 weeks now but o well the babies happy so,so am i

Oeisha Tue 27-Sep-11 18:30:35

Excellent news! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now