Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I bother seeing my mw tomorrow?

(11 Posts)
lollystix Sun 25-Sep-11 20:31:55

I'm 36 weeks and have routine mw appointment tomorrow but it's at 3.40 in the pm and I have work so would have to leave very early.

Normally I would go but I saw my consultant last Wednesday and had to take time off for that. He did the routine checks - wee, bp, had a feel etc. And all fine.

Do you think it would be negligent to cancel my mw appointment and arrange to see her at 38 weeks? Just not sure if work will be happy (Especially as this 4th baby and starting to feel a bit paranoid about what they already think of me).

Meglet Sun 25-Sep-11 20:33:38

It's tough shit what your work will think grin.

I'd see the MW. Better safe than sorry IMO.

AstroNess Sun 25-Sep-11 20:41:59

I'd say go on two counts. 1. Your baby comes first and I thought that work had to give you reasonable time off throughout pregnancy? 2. It's late to cancel an appointment. They would have been able to give it to someone else if they'd known earlier. They probably won't get anyone in at the short notice- what a waste.

I can totally see where you're coming from though

nicm Sun 25-Sep-11 21:40:58

i would go, better to get checked out i think. i wouldn't worry what work thinks tbh.

smile

Penelope1980 Sun 25-Sep-11 23:10:16

You should go just in case - at this stage of pregnancy blood pressure could go up with little warning (which is what happened to me)

hermionejgranger Mon 26-Sep-11 06:51:53

and to echo what others have said, work are obliged to give you paid time off for antenatal appointments. they have to suck it up! definitely go smile

yummymango Mon 26-Sep-11 08:32:31

I would say go, my blood pressure went up to dangerous levels in the space of a few days at around this time - despite the fact that I felt fine. Better to be safe.

notcitrus Mon 26-Sep-11 09:53:33

Could you go to your GP practice instead tomorrow and get bp checked and pee on a stick? Might be worth asking if you can do future antenatal checks somewhere more convenient (though if you're this far with dc4 I'm guessing you don't have anywhere more convenient to go to!)

Ernie1 Mon 26-Sep-11 12:20:06

I concur... go but maybe try to arrange future ampts for either early or late in the day if you want to avoid cutting into work time too much.

getagoldtoof Mon 26-Sep-11 18:57:34

I have cancelled routine appts, i would do it. Mine was fine about me missing my 39 week mw appt, as there was a breastfeeding workshop that day. As long as i came in at 40+2, she didn't mind. Each to their own - but i didnt go to antenatal classes due to not wanting to miss work.

lollystix Mon 26-Sep-11 21:30:52

So I went. Bit pointless as standby midwife who couldn't even read the system to see how pregs I was and then asked why I needed to see a consultant despite it being infront of her. All fine though and next appointment 2.20pm which is even more unhelpful with work- they run the clinic 1pm-4pm. Maybe I'll care a bit less about work in 2 weeks though. Thanks for your comments ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now