Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

MATB1 question

(10 Posts)
Noodles81 Sun 25-Sep-11 18:35:30

Hi lovelies,

Wonder if someone could help me out with a question...

I went for my 20wk scan on Friday and was told everything was fine with bubs. He was not in a very visable position (upside down, feet tucked in) so she sent me away to come back in 3 wks for another try and to check chest and heart as she couldn't see those on Fri.

I came out and totally forgot to ask for my MATB1 form which i need for work. Should she have given it to me there or does it get posted? Or will i get it when i go back for 2nd try of the scan and she's checked all the final bits that need to be checked?

Noodles x

PotteringAlong Sun 25-Sep-11 18:38:22

I got mine from my midwife at about 26 weeks - when's your next appt? If you ask for it then it should be ok.

tiokiko Sun 25-Sep-11 18:39:36

Was your scan done by a sonographer? If so then she wouldn't issue the MATB1 anyway - it's only issued by your midwife.

MATB1 can only be issued from 20w, then you have to tell your employer by (I think) 26w, so you have quite a gap in which to get it and take to work.

Assume you will have a MW appt between now and 26w but if you're at all unsure give your MW a call - mine forgot to issue my MATB1 so I called and she left it for me to collect at the GP's reception the next day.

stoatie Sun 25-Sep-11 18:42:05

Generally your Midwife gives you this - usually at 28 weeks appt

Archip17 Sun 25-Sep-11 18:45:26

I had exactly the same thing last week. So I just called my GP (who can also issue one) and she did one for me.

stripeybump Sun 25-Sep-11 18:54:37

It depends where you live - my Doc wouldn't give me mine until 24 wks after being seen by him, which was pretty annoying given that I had to give it to work by 25 weeks. Also the receptionist had given me the wrong info and said 20 weeks.

Noodles81 Sun 25-Sep-11 18:55:09

Yes it was done by a Sonographer so i'll check with my midwife thank you. Will my MW just get it to me automatically or shall i give her a call and ask for it?

I've already told my employer about the pregnancy and they sent me a form to send back along with the MATB1 as soon as i get it so i guess i'm not in any big hurry for it.

Noodles81 Sun 25-Sep-11 18:58:52

Fab thank you all. I'll give doc a ring on Monday.

Random other question - anyone know why i have to wait 3 wks to go back in for 2nd try of scan?! I would of thought as it's only a position issue they would ask me in the next week no? I wasn't given any pics coz bubs was not in a profile position so she said there would be no point to print out a pic of an arm or leg or skull...

jenfraggle Sun 25-Sep-11 19:02:35

Maybe they were booked up and it is the earliest they could see you?

Kitty5824 Sun 25-Sep-11 21:03:49

I had to go back for a second scan as bean was so active, but also because the spine hadn't totally finished calcifying, so she sugested I wait at least 2 weeks, but they couldn't fit me in for 3 weeks anyway!

Re the matb1, I stuck a big post it on my notes saying "Don't forget to ask for MatB1" 'cos I knew I'd forget which made the MW laugh as I had indeed forgotten when I handed my notes over....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now