Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight gain

(12 Posts)
gluttom Sun 25-Sep-11 18:12:04

Oh my god - 40 weeks tomorrow and just over 3 stone - anyone want to make me feel better?

dubaipieeye Sun 25-Sep-11 18:13:34

4 stone ++ by that point and now (DS nearly one) back to 4lb lower than pre preggo weight. Relax!

PeggyCarter Sun 25-Sep-11 18:14:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dubaipieeye Sun 25-Sep-11 18:31:30

In your other thread you say you are "disgusted" with yourself. That made me really sad. You are pregnant, that's all. 3 stone is NORMAL.

stripeybump Sun 25-Sep-11 19:03:41

Umm I'm only 28 weeks and have gained 3 stone so if you're a heifer what am I?! sadblushgrin

stripeybump Sun 25-Sep-11 19:05:04

Oh and I don't feel fat - I'm pregnant and glowing smile

If you're usually weight-conscious, enjoy this opportunity to not care and you're about to lose around 8lb very soon and the rest very soon afterwards!

Cutelittlecatlover Sun 25-Sep-11 19:07:01

I know someone who gained 6 stone with her dc1!

I'm only 12 weeks with dc2 but I've gained loads of weight already this time. I'm constantly hungry and seem to have lost all self control. I'm already in maternity clothes and my jeans that fit me perfectly last time are really tight now, I'm going to be the size of a house by the time I'm 40 weeks sad . 3 stone is nothing, thats a baby, placenta, water, extra blood and not much else!

PamBeesly Sun 25-Sep-11 19:17:25

3 stone is average OP, I've gained 12lbs already and I'm 18 weeks...

pregnantmimi Thu 29-Sep-11 00:20:47

me too 3 stone saw lots of glam thin mums to be in hospial today when went for appointment looking all fashionable nice hair good skin neat bumps felt like its just me bloated, big roots, greasy and spotty in leggings and flip flops with a tena lady incase I pee myself when i cough lol and sweating cause feel so hot and i felt a bit of a mess when got back but dont worry about it lose it after have fun eating and remember its not foreverxxxx

pregnantmimi Thu 29-Sep-11 00:21:46

im 28 weeks

AyesToTheRight Thu 29-Sep-11 00:23:24

I put on at least 4.5 stone with both DC. All went (and more) within about 9 months after first one was born. Took longer after second one but that all went after a few years.

Really don't worry about 3 stone.

gluttom Thu 29-Sep-11 08:29:25

Thanks ladies - 40+3 today and lost a couple of lbs - can't eat now as worried about how much longer this baby is going to take to appear. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now