Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where do I get a MATB1 form from?

(8 Posts)
peggyblackett Sun 25-Sep-11 12:56:59

Daft question I know, and despite being through the process twice before I can't remember where you get them from. Can they be downloaded from the t'interpipe?

Thanks

emsyj Sun 25-Sep-11 12:58:03

From your midwife.

Iggly Sun 25-Sep-11 12:58:23

Midwife - because they need to sign them.

peggyblackett Sun 25-Sep-11 13:01:15

Hmmm...who I never see hmm.

Thanks, I will try and pin track her down

feekerry Sun 25-Sep-11 13:04:44

I got a signed certificate from my mid wife that I then had to post off somewhere and I got a white card thru the post that I get free prescription for etc. Is this the same thing as my work keep asking for my matb1 form?

Iggly Sun 25-Sep-11 13:11:03

No fee that's your maternity exemption card for free prescriptions and dentist treatment etc.

The mat b1 is issued after about 26 weeks so you can prove to your employer that you're pregnant.

Jojo1983 Sun 25-Sep-11 13:16:52

If u can't track down your midwife then your doctors should be able to do one for you mine did after my work lost the first one

Oeisha Sun 25-Sep-11 13:20:08

If you're not having any luck with your MW, then your GP can also get one from your GP. Just ring them and explain you MW isn't getting around to it.

Information on the MATB1 from HMRC. Most employers want them BY 26wks (preferably asap in wk25) as this is the confirmation, for them, to HMRC of your due date and usually conformation of when you'll be claiming SMP etc.

Information about the MATEX card including a helpline to call if you're not getting anywhere with this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now