Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

leftover clomid?

(10 Posts)
missdesperate Sun 25-Sep-11 12:35:53

I know i'm going to get slated for asking but just wanted to know if anyone had any leftover clomid pills?

I'm currently on 50mg of clomid (supervised) and consultant wants me to do 3 months of 50mg before she'll even think about a higher dose but as i'm being monitored I thought if anyone had any leftover clomid pills (ie got a 3 month prescription but fell pregnant 1st or 2nd month) I don't want to buy them online as that is a very dangerous game!

I know it sounds crazy but if i'm being monitored what harm can it do?

please message me if u have any and we can talk smile

missdesperate Sun 25-Sep-11 12:45:42

oh I must add I have pocs and that I've done 1 month of 50mg without even ovulating so I genuinely believe I need 100mg, if there is anyone who can help me i'll be forever in your debt!!

missdesperate Sun 25-Sep-11 14:50:36

I am being monitored and I will tell cons exactly what i've done if anyone out there does have any left over please message me privately and we can sort something out and I will cover cost ect...

wellwisher Sun 25-Sep-11 14:57:56

If you're going to tell the consultant, why can't you just ask them again to increase your dose? This is mad. I seriously hope nobody's irresponsible enough to give you any pills.

missdesperate Sun 25-Sep-11 15:00:59

I have ask but she want's me to finish my 3 months of 50mg first even though I don't ovulate on 50mg! I don't expect anyone to respond and know I'm gonna get alot of back lash about this but thought I'd ask anyway

Purplebuns Sun 25-Sep-11 15:07:38

I have heard that they don't expect the first month to work. And as for buying extra drugs that are dangerous and need to be prescribed by your consultant at a correct dosage for you, I hope you see how dangerous this is. Especially as you only need to wait another two months to have your dose increased as appropiate. I know what it is like to long for a baby, many of us do but please don't be so rash.

themightyskim Sun 25-Sep-11 15:11:42

miss desperate I cant comment on clomid, but all I can say to you is that tablets get increased slowly for a reason, so many have serious possible effects on your health that you need to slowly increase to minimise the possibility of this and to help your body to get used to the dose

I hope you dont feel like thats picking at you because I dont mean it like that, but your health is so important, and if your sick its not going to help with the pregnancy- two months feels like forever but it isnt really and the decision has been made for a reason, try and keep that in mind

missdesperate Sun 25-Sep-11 16:22:28

I know how dangerous buying drugs online is that's why I would never do it as you never know if the real deal or not, but someone else's leftover pills are genuine

I know no one would agree to this but as i'm being monitored my health is not at risk

CBear6 Sun 25-Sep-11 16:45:13

But your health would be at risk even with monitoring. This is the Internet, not a pharmacy, not everyone is genuine or qualified to prescribe - how would you know that you actually are getting Clomid and not something far more dangerous?

They run one dosage for three months/cycles because it can take that long to work and can have a cumulative effect, your body needs time to adjust. Suddenly jacking up the dose could do serious damage and put you back to square one or even ruin your chances entirely. I know it's hard but this really isn't the smart way to do this.

themightyskim Sun 25-Sep-11 16:48:43

and if your doctor finds out they will not prescribe again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now