Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leg Cramps

(7 Posts)
Benzer Sat 24-Sep-11 22:27:16

Has anyone found s'thing to stop the awful leg spasms at night? (they are NOT mere cramps!!!). I'm 11+2 and have been getting them for 4-5 weeks now...feeling pretty rotten in general with lots of trapped wind/sluggish digestion/constipation. Any tips for improving things on that front too?

wompoopigeon Sat 24-Sep-11 22:54:17

Have you tried daily exercise? Mine are always worse if I have a very sedentary day and don't do little stretching exercises. Helps with digestion too.
<sorry if that's stating the blindingly obvious>

BikeRunSki Sat 24-Sep-11 22:56:48

I started a similar thread recently

Leg Cramps.

banana87 Sat 24-Sep-11 22:58:51

Point your toes in the air when you feel one coming, it will stop it!

Foxranawaywithhisshoes Sat 24-Sep-11 23:00:42

My doctor suggested drinking more milk. It really worked for me.
I was waking up in agony with cramp once or twice a night and after I upped the milk intake they went away.

Benzer Sun 25-Sep-11 07:56:32

Thank you all! Checked out your Leg Cramp thread Bikerunski & it's v informative too. Always eat banana, & am prob drinking less milk than usual..aforementioned digestive issues mean my diet is different at the moment. Am running & walking regularly but L calf hurting due to cramps from the night before!! It's also making me soooo tired cos can be up 4 times nightly, so am less inclined to want to exercise. Will try ca/mg/k+ supplement, though presumed they were already in my Pregnacare. Have also been drinking tonic water but maybe it's hit or miss cos it's not always Scweppes! That's what I get for being a cheapskate!!! :-)

Benzer Sun 25-Sep-11 08:02:53

Oops! That should've been Schweppes!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now