Talk

Advanced search

Leg Cramps

(7 Posts)
Benzer Sat 24-Sep-11 22:27:16

Has anyone found s'thing to stop the awful leg spasms at night? (they are NOT mere cramps!!!). I'm 11+2 and have been getting them for 4-5 weeks now...feeling pretty rotten in general with lots of trapped wind/sluggish digestion/constipation. Any tips for improving things on that front too?

wompoopigeon Sat 24-Sep-11 22:54:17

Have you tried daily exercise? Mine are always worse if I have a very sedentary day and don't do little stretching exercises. Helps with digestion too.
<sorry if that's stating the blindingly obvious>

BikeRunSki Sat 24-Sep-11 22:56:48

I started a similar thread recently

Leg Cramps.

banana87 Sat 24-Sep-11 22:58:51

Point your toes in the air when you feel one coming, it will stop it!

Foxranawaywithhisshoes Sat 24-Sep-11 23:00:42

My doctor suggested drinking more milk. It really worked for me.
I was waking up in agony with cramp once or twice a night and after I upped the milk intake they went away.

Benzer Sun 25-Sep-11 07:56:32

Thank you all! Checked out your Leg Cramp thread Bikerunski & it's v informative too. Always eat banana, & am prob drinking less milk than usual..aforementioned digestive issues mean my diet is different at the moment. Am running & walking regularly but L calf hurting due to cramps from the night before!! It's also making me soooo tired cos can be up 4 times nightly, so am less inclined to want to exercise. Will try ca/mg/k+ supplement, though presumed they were already in my Pregnacare. Have also been drinking tonic water but maybe it's hit or miss cos it's not always Scweppes! That's what I get for being a cheapskate!!! :-)

Benzer Sun 25-Sep-11 08:02:53

Oops! That should've been Schweppes!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: