Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vouchers for where??

(12 Posts)
glitternanny Sat 24-Sep-11 19:46:55

my family wanna know where we want vouchers from when bubba comes.

Any ideas??

sleepevader Sat 24-Sep-11 20:07:18

Asda or tesco. I would spend vouchers on groceries and put money in savings account if I didn't need anything.

I used money gifts for ds1 to buy next stage car seat. Will do the same if receive similar for this dc. However as now looking at extended rear facing this will be more expensive!

Grumpla Sat 24-Sep-11 20:11:47

Kiddicare.com or Amazon.

Paschaelina Sat 24-Sep-11 20:16:19

Kiddicare or John Lewis.

OnEdge Sat 24-Sep-11 20:17:19

notonthehighstreet.com

glitternanny Sun 25-Sep-11 08:51:33

Thanks people - my sister was thinking of mothercare - but our local store is small and I find it really expensive - my OH suggested John Lewis but again their stuff is super expensive.

I might suggest half Kiddicare and half John Lewis....

nancerama Sun 25-Sep-11 08:55:40

John Lewis or M&S. John Lewis has a great range of products and price matches other retailers. M&S has lovely baby clothes.

sleepevader Sun 25-Sep-11 08:58:41

Expect people think my suggestion was a little scabby!

When choosing vouchers think what exactly will you use the vouchers on?

I struggle to spend in mothercare- so expensive. Would rather pay the same in next for clothes as the designs are nicer.

Boots do some good stuff online and you can spend vouchers by going in store a doing a boots direct order.

glitternanny Sat 01-Oct-11 12:55:59

Boots is a good idea - they have a great online service.

LaWeasel Sat 01-Oct-11 13:14:36

I spent a fortune in boots when DD was tiny, just stocking up on breastpads and maternity pads etc, so quite a good plan.

Oeisha Sat 01-Oct-11 13:18:18

John Lewis shouldn't be any more expensive than Mothercare, or any other of the highstreet big chains. If they are, quote their "Never Knowingly Undersold" stuff to them and they should be giving it to you for the lower price.

"So, if you see or buy a product from us and find it cheaper with a high street competitor (that excludes online-only or mail order businesses such as Dixons, Amazon or Play.com, who don’t have shops), as long as their service conditions are comparable, such as delivery charges and guarantee terms, then we´ll match that price for you when you buy, or refund the difference for up to 28 days afterwards if you´ve already purchased."...
from Johnlewis.com

Plus, if you're at all unhappy with a purchase they will usuallly accept a full refund.

Thumbwitch Sat 01-Oct-11 13:21:03

Boots or Tesco - both have lots of stuff that you will need at affordable prices. I love coming home to the UK to stock up on clothes from Tesco, especially popper vests (buggering expensive over here in comparison).
M&S would be useful too, for underwear for you maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now