Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confused/Baffled

(28 Posts)
cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 11:35:46

Good morning,

Im new to mumsnet so i hope you guys don't mind me asking you a question?

At the end of August i got BFP 11 days later i bled quite heavy, went for a scan and they couldn't see anything they also did another pregnancy test and it was negative so i thought right ok i have miscarried (they sent a letter to gp saying complete miscarriage)

Fast forward to last Tuesday i had a immense feeling of wanting to be sick tmi sorry so i thought what is going on took a test and it said pregnant 3+ weeks, doctor sent me for a blood test and the HCG level is 1000 i went for another blood test yesterday and find out Monday.

I have no idea what is going on my gp has mentioned Ectopic or could have got pregnant again after miscarriage??

Sorry to waffle on this weekend is going to be the longest ever!

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 11:53:13

Also if its Ectopic i would be lots of pain is that right?

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 12:09:35

Anyone :-(

xkatyx Sat 24-Sep-11 12:13:30

Hi I had something similar. Mine turned out to be me getting pregnant again.

Best thing to do is wait for scan and u will know more.

I have never had an ectopic sp can't comment on that but I'm sore if u had positive then negative and bleeding sounds like u did loose the pregnancy.

Good luck

AlpinePony Sat 24-Sep-11 13:36:27

Is there any reason why you can't get pregnant after a miscarriage?

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 16:49:37

Sorry what do you mean?

feekerry Sat 24-Sep-11 17:03:08

well i'd say your pregnant again! there is no way that the first scan they did was way to early to see anything and you were indeed still pregnant? have you had unprotected sex since your apparent mc?

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 17:06:14

yeah when stopped bleeding??

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 17:09:41

But what i cant work out is 3 weeks ago i was bleeding so why does the test say 3+ weeks midwife said don't trust the dates

feekerry Sat 24-Sep-11 17:11:08

well those clear blue thingys give you a date from conception i think, but they date your pregnancy from your lmp, so if it said 3 weeks then you could be 5-6 weeks pregnant. is this feesable with your dates? cant even think when 3 weeks ish ago was, would be late august wouldn't it???

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 17:16:13

My first day of last period was 30th July then end of August i was late so took 2 tests and they were positive 11 days over period due date i started bleeding (Sept 5th) then on Sept 8th i had a scan and they couldn't see anything and took another test and was negative fast forward to 20th September and i have a positive test 3+weeks

ballstoit Sat 24-Sep-11 17:22:09

Did you have a blood test to confirm negative result or just urine dip?

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 17:23:28

Yeah i had a blood test on Wednesday (21st) and the hcg came back as 1000 so im pregnant

TheDetective Sat 24-Sep-11 17:25:41

Sounds to me like you didn't m/c. You were probably too early to see anything on scan. The negative test you did sounds like a red herring! You are much more likely to get a false negative than the other way around.

Congratulations - and ring your local EPAU and ask to be seen and explain the above.

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 17:27:14

My gp is phoning me on Monday with the next hcg level then we will go from there but its all so random and i have it in my head its ectopic

ballstoit Sat 24-Sep-11 18:06:49

Sorry, I meant at the beginning of September did you have a blood test? When you had the scan?

I think The Detectives right, you didnt miscarry. Your current HCG is higher than would be expected at 3 weeks, more like 5 I think (typical HCG levels can be googled if you're interested).

Congratualtions!

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 18:11:00

no which gp couldn't understand why they didn't

what about the twins theory?

ballstoit Sat 24-Sep-11 18:54:32

#

hgggggggggg h9odrg0r98rfrgh998duygy

fdsiasgdpvofh dgogapu ua

uufvujhirr8 dkoehru;dloiughj7eyd57ryuddiuffuyhrugttfpvjugv

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 18:59:46

Your child replied for you? lol

Poss TMI sorry but i have just been to toilet and i have brown discharge??

ballstoit Sat 24-Sep-11 19:15:12

Sorry blush DD2 woke so DD1 stepped in to reply on my behalf.

Not tmi, and could be just a normal beginning of pregnancy discharge, or if the bleeding was a twin miscarriage, could be linked to that.

Ridiculous to say, but try not to worry, you will know more on Monday and there is nothing you can do which will make a difference now. Get a cuppa, pop on some rubbush TV and get your feet up. Whatever's happening, that will do you good x

ballstoit Sat 24-Sep-11 19:18:43

Are you asking what is the twin theory? Or saying had I considered it?

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:19:29

My 2 dd's have gone to bed im sat watching family fortunes lol (i know how to live!)

Thanks for your help and advice x

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:20:21

No my mum thinks it could have been twins and lost one? theres twins in family i have twin sisters

ballstoit Sat 24-Sep-11 19:26:56

That was something I wondered. So you may have had an early positive at the end of August because HCG would have been higher with twins. That would explain the false negative a bit more at beginning of September too. And the bleeding. Sounds quite likely with the high levels you had on Wednesday, which indicate you are more than the couple of weeks you could otherwise be.

I'm not a Health professional though, so that's just my theory based on knowledge gained through supporting friends and SIL through IVF and miscarriage.

cjc1982 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:30:54

That sounds right i bled with dd2 for first 2 months like i was having a period so i don't know why i do this hmmmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now