Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements at 36 weeks?

(11 Posts)
whackamole Fri 23-Sep-11 20:08:51

This time last pregnancy I was in the throes of labour so have no real reference for comparison!

Basically, in the last week, movements have slowed a lot. He is still moving, can feel him fairly regularly but just not the huge somersaults I was feeling up until about 2 days ago. Pretty sure he's engaged now as well - would that make a difference?

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow.

Should I worry so long as I can still feel movement? Is this normal?

RitaMorgan Fri 23-Sep-11 20:13:01

Any reduction in movements should be checked out.

Do you still feel the same number of movements? If it's a sudden change I would call the midwife - better safe than sorry.

banana87 Fri 23-Sep-11 20:19:35

Get checked out ASAP!

pootlebug Fri 23-Sep-11 20:22:45

As the others said I would get checked out asap just in case. Phone the midwife or labour ward this evening/

whackamole Fri 23-Sep-11 20:32:32

Thanks ladies, I will ring them in a few minutes - only because I'm having a glass of fizzy lemonade and that often kickstarts a load of roly-polys.

deemented Fri 23-Sep-11 20:34:48

Any change in normal movements should definately be checked out.

Good luck x

whackamole Fri 23-Sep-11 20:54:49

Thanks all. Have phone the midwife unit and am just awaiting my cab to take me up there. I'm hoping he is just sleepy and very comfy.

FrauLindor Fri 23-Sep-11 20:56:56

Good luck, Whackamole. You are doing the right thing, get checked out and you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

whackamole Sat 24-Sep-11 13:19:48

Thanks everyone for your advice. Got to the unit at about 9:15, put me on a monitor about 11, of course, baby started jumping around like anything the second I was put on it! Also got hiccups which were very noisy!

So everything ok, although they did take a water sample as there was some protein in it - could be beginning of pre-eclampsia (had it last time) or a urine infection. Should find out Monday.

deemented Sat 24-Sep-11 13:40:20

Glad to hear baby was ok smile

FrauLindor Sat 24-Sep-11 18:33:25

Glad to hear that you and baby are fine, always good to get checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now