Talk

Advanced search

positions of baby - the last few weeks

(4 Posts)
Allboxedin Fri 23-Sep-11 18:46:16

Hi, I was wondering if you know what position your baby is in now?
36 weeks here and baby is ceph ROA (head down back on my right side and kicks/legs over to the left). I had read on one website this was not always the best position and they often turn back to back with this position. I had a back to back last time and really don't want another!!
So what is the optimal position do you think?
Ps: I have read a bit off spinning babies website but find it all a bit confusing.

BedHog Fri 23-Sep-11 18:54:57

I think the optimal position is head down with the back slightly to the left. It's one of the reasons they advise you to sleep on your left side if possible. I'm not sure why left is better than right though. confused

Allboxedin Fri 23-Sep-11 18:56:50

Thats what I understood, not sure why though either....maybe someone will come along and explain. smile

pantspantspants Fri 23-Sep-11 19:36:55

At an active birth class a few weeks ago (DC3) I was told its because contractions move the baby clockwise. so to get out baby has to go from right side, back-to-back, left and then out.which takes longer and equals more contractions to move baby round. but if babies on the left then all baby/contractions have to do is slightly move the baby round and out.

As someone who had DD1 delivered back to back and found things alot easier and quicker than DD2 who was in "perfect" left position, I don't know how true it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now