Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

NT scan is just slightly too early??

(9 Posts)
HanaP Fri 23-Sep-11 13:13:56

Hi all,
just a small niggle but I've been wondering..
I am 10+4 weeks pregnant according to the first day of my last period. At 6weeks pregnancy I have referred myself to Wittington hospital and they send me a date for my NT screening. It is 27.9 and I should be 11+1 weeks that day.

However, few weeks ago, I was on holiday in my home country and have a screening to confirm my pregnancy. According to this scan my pregnancy is 3days younger so I am today 10+1tt and on the day of the NT screening I will by only 10+4tt. But nobody knows, as this will be the first time I will see the doctor here.

It is too early to have the NT scan? What shall I do? If I ring them up to change the date, there might not be a slot available for weeks. I am so worried.

jumpingtheshark Fri 23-Sep-11 13:20:19

An early scan put me back 9 days and I was also concerned that the date that they gave me for my nuchal scan was too early. I talked to my MW about it and she said that if it was too early they would just call me back the following week. As it happened, they put my dates forward 6 days at the nuchal scan so it was fine! Have you had your booking in appointment yet? You could discuss it there. Or just call your MW or the fetal medicine unit and explain the situation. I guess it must happen all the time, as lots of people haven't got a clue of their exact dates - so try not to worry, I'm sure they will sort you out one way or another.

HanaP Fri 23-Sep-11 13:25:47

I had may appointment with Midwife about two weeks ago just before going on holiday. Should I call the hospital and tell them my situation or just go for the screening test on Tuesday?
I do not know what to do. I should not have left it so long......

jumpingtheshark Fri 23-Sep-11 13:28:57

Whatever puts your mind at rest. I also mentioned it to the sonographer when I got there and she just said she'd have a go and if not they would do another one a little later. As I said, I'm sure they get people going in with off dates all the time, so try not to worry - but if it's stressing you out, call the hospital and see what they say. Good luck.

HanaP Fri 23-Sep-11 13:32:04

Thank you.. Ill try not to worry (not soo easy). Thank you

FlipFantasia Fri 23-Sep-11 13:44:27

Hello
I'm actually at the Whittington too and just had my scan and nuchal screen a couple of weeks ago. The day I was there a woman came in saying he had her appointment and that she was 11 weeks exactly (rather than the minimum 11+1 advertised) and the woman on reception said the sonographer will see what she can do and re-book for next week if necessary.

I think it's a better idea to just go in and see what they say - they'll scan you and rebook you for a later scan/blood test if necessary. So you may even get to see your baby twice!

Sandra2011 Fri 23-Sep-11 14:08:35

I would say around 12 weeks would be the best because they can tell the sex around that time.
Around 11 weeks it still might be not so sure.

But only if you're interested....

HanaP Fri 23-Sep-11 14:57:40

So, it got sorted by itself.

Midwife just called me. There is something wrong with my urine test. It looks like an infection. They want to redo the urine test. They told me to come on 27th for my screening and afterwards do the urine test again.

I have mentioned the dates and that I will only be 10+4tt on that day according to may dating scan. She told me that it is absolutely fine that the combine test can be done from 11weeks so from 10+0...
now I am so confused because when I Google it up the say from 11+1. So it is actually 11th week of pregnancy from 10+0 or from 11+1weeks of pregnancy?

Anyway, I will go there on Tuesday. I’ve got to do the urine test again anyway and hopefully if it is too early the will rebook me for another scan.

jumpingtheshark Fri 23-Sep-11 17:23:07

Glad it got sorted. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now