Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38+4, anyone else fed up/want a moan?

(48 Posts)
Bartimaeus Fri 23-Sep-11 12:17:47

Just been to my midwife appointment. I'm 38+4 and baby is still high up, cervix firmly closed...she reckons he'll come out "at term" (which is 41 weeks here!!!)

Argh! I can cope with the idea of another week, but another 2.5 weeks!

Plus everyone always says they can come early, so be prepared etc. etc. My bags have been packed for 10 days now, but it all seems pointless.

I'm fed up of not sleeping well, of having new pains and aches everyday (severe backache today - no idea why) and just the general not knowing how long this pregnancy will go on for. Also the worrying: is he moving enough? Why are my nipples getting lighter instead of darker? (TMI!) Why aren't I gaining much weight? How much will labour hurt? Will I go into hospital too early/too late? Have I everything I need in my bag? ....

Anyone else fancy a moan?

BikeRunSki Fri 23-Sep-11 12:24:39

I'll join you, although a youngster at 35+4. Fed up though. Day off work today (I finish next week) which is just as well as I am exhausted and have been lying on the sofa for 2 hours. And feeling sick again. And achey.

Baby is low though, and DS came at 38+5. Hoping (convinced!) that this one will be early, will be sorely dissapointed if I get close to 40 weeks.

Bartimaeus Fri 23-Sep-11 12:31:29

My mum had my brother at 39 weeks and me at 40+2 - she says her pregnancy with me seems to drag on for ever! grin

Bartimaeus Fri 23-Sep-11 12:32:31

And yup, I've continued to be sick throughout the whole pregnancy, only every couple of weeks after 24 weeks but still annoying. Told the midwife I was still being sick and she just said "but that should finish in the first trimester". Thanks confused

cravingcake Fri 23-Sep-11 12:34:06

I'll join in as well - only 34 + 3 but today is my last day in the office and its been busy as hell, not the nice relaxing tidy up and say goodbyes sort of day but more the 'quick I need this, make that call to them, can you just update this, where is this parcel that should have arrived 2 hours ago....' at least its going quick.

Also not sleeping well, if its not waking up for a wee, then its pins & needles in my arm and worrying about all sorts.

InMyPrime Fri 23-Sep-11 12:35:52

Yes!! 38+6 here and am also completely fed up now!

I ache all over when I wake up in the morning... and I'm so bored of worrying about eating the wrong thing or picking up a bug, checking his movements every day, being careful about how I sit, making sure I do my birthing ball exercises and pelvic floor stuff.... I just want the baby here now on the outside where I can physically see him and check him!!

It's only a week to go to my due date but I've had no signs of anything getting moving yet either. Last midwife appointment, she said the baby was 2/5ths engaged but he seems to bounce in and out of the pelvis so not firmly wedged in yet. I'm going for a scan (private, with an obstetrician) on Tuesday to try and get some indication of how things are progressing as I've had no internal exam yet or anything. Midwife has been a bit vague really, unless there are some wonders to be revealed at my 39 week visit next week. Counting the days...

Asturimama Fri 23-Sep-11 12:50:52

Can I join?
I am 40+1 and although luckily I am feeling fine physically, except for the hearburn and general I am huge thing, I really really want to meet my baby now!
I went for monitors yesterday and everything was fine but then this morning the LO was unusually quiet and I got really worried until DH managed to wake him up! I don't want to be worried for however many days he's still want to be in there... How can I lure this baby out?

Bartimaeus Fri 23-Sep-11 13:14:51

asturimama that's the million dollar question! How to lure the baby out?! grin

Midwife this morning said I need an appointment for monitoring...on Oct 3rd! Seems so far away.

My friend had her baby last week and going to visit her in hospital (same one I'm giving birth in) was just so hard because I really wanted it to be me!

californiaburrito Fri 23-Sep-11 13:39:59

39+5 and I am so fed up I can barely speak. DD1 was 40+11 and I just CAN NOT do that again. I can't spend more that 5 hours in bed and most of that time I have terrible heartburn. And yes, I thought the sickness was supposed to stop in the first trimester too!

As of last Monday, baby not engaged and he has recently taken to turning full OP just to antagonize me. I have been desperately hoping that he comes tomorrow as it's my midwife's last day on call but I've given up hope of that now.

And if my DH says one more time that he wants the baby to come on X so he doesn't have to go a that breakfast meeting, seminar, etc I'll whack him over the head with a rolled up newspaper.

And, why, oh why did I spend most of my morning yelling at the cat?

dribbleface Fri 23-Sep-11 14:31:18

me too! 38+3 and fed up, sore and have no energy or patience blush for poor DS1. Will be induced at 40+2 so end is in sight but been having very strong Braxton hicks since 27 weeks so seems like it's been forever! seriously think DS1 will have square eyes before this baby comes, lazy mummy alert!

Scheherezade Fri 23-Sep-11 15:14:07

Oh I'll happily join in with any complaining thread! Am 37 + 2 - fed up of beign unable to walk without everywhere hurting, boobs, belly, hips, groin. I'm ithcing ALL over, and only just today thought of getting antihistamines. Lost lots of bloody mucus on tuesday, started getting regular BH plus period pains and thought "yippee!" but then it went away.

envy grumble grumble....

Oh, and baby is in breech, and hosptal cocked up our ECV appointment, so I'm not having it till 39 weeks, which is too far away, and so will more than likely end up having a c-sec - so much for my water birth plans!

LDNmummy Fri 23-Sep-11 15:35:55

Can I have a moan too sad

38+2 and ready for this to finish now. I WANT TO MEET MY BABY!!!

She is very low down and head down too, but its just not good enough as far as I am concerned [spoilt brat emoticon]

Have a midwife appointment on Monday so hoping to hear something along the lines of "well looks like baby is ready to come out now" or I might scream with impatience.

I haven't exactly had the worst pregnancy, but having PEP till I almost scratched my skin off hasn't been fun.

Anyone for a brew of raspberry leaf tea?

Bartimaeus Fri 23-Sep-11 15:42:55

Ah yes. DH (otherwise absolutely lovely) keeps telling my bump to arrive at a certain date as it means half his office will be away and he can "work" from the hospital....I know it'll be better for me if he does this but it is quite frustrating!

tiddleypompom Fri 23-Sep-11 15:47:16

Tea for me please! EDD today and ready as can be... Being leapfrogged by NCT friends and cheeks getting sore from 'I'm so happy for you, s/he's so beautiful' noises (I do mean them, but baby envy has started to hit).

2/5 engaged, mild period pains, bashed pelvis from walking - yet nothing as yet and am becoming resigned to another week. Fine, que sera sera - but if anyone else tells me to 'relax and enjoy the time off whilst you can' I will scream and scream and scream...

Bartimaeus Fri 23-Sep-11 15:53:08

Ooh I can imagine how hard being leapfrogged must be. Fortunately I don't know too many pregnant women due around the same date.

I'm bored of "enjoying my time off". I've been using my mat leave (from 35 weeks in France) to look for a new flat to buy/try to sell ours. But its winding up now and my next couple of weeks are looking pretty empty. I get restless if I lie down too much or try to sleep loads. Then I get bored and depressed, not good I think!

Plus, I have a set date for going back to work so the earlier the baby arrives the more time I'll get to spend with him.

lovemysleep Fri 23-Sep-11 16:16:31

Oooh, am so glad someone started a whinging thread........

38wks today and I'm officially bored of waiting now. Nesting has gone crazy, sore feet and puffy fingers, obscene Gaviscon habit, waddling like a weeble and just want to meet my baby!!!!!!!!!!

Driving is becoming uncomfortable now too, and what with backache, hip ache and a goddamn bloody double chin developing, I'm ready for the baby bit.

Am even contemplating a bounce on DD's trampoline to get things moving - fear I may break it though.......

LDNmummy Fri 23-Sep-11 16:27:22

Yup, my friend had her LO two weeks ago so I think it is making me even more impatient.

LDNmummy Fri 23-Sep-11 16:29:12

Oh and I have started hearing funny noises from the bed base, I think the poor bed is even more impatient than I am because it sounds like it is whinging from having to deal with my weight right now blush

icravecheese Fri 23-Sep-11 16:43:15

I'm joining you ladies!! Will be 37wks this wkend, ELCS booked for 2 wks today, am literally counting the minutes.

This is baby no3 for me... have to waddle round the school run every morning & afternoon as DS has just started school. Have a hyperactive 2yr old DD who misses her big brother now he's at school. Peppa pig / charlie & lola DVD's are on loop (I fall asleep singing the theme tunes we watch them so much at the mo!) & I have terrible backache today, which goes all the way down one leg because presumably baby is lying on a nerve.

I feel like a hippo everytime I turn over in bed, & I too am getting annoyed with myself for all the worrying i'm doing about baby movements - have I felt enough or not etc etc. On the bright side, I just loll around on the sofa ignoring my gym ball gathering dust in the corner as, now I'm booked for ELCS, I'm not bothering to worry about optimal fetal positioning or hanging around all day on all 4's...

babloogirl Fri 23-Sep-11 16:46:59

can I join? I am 39 weeks today and I am so fed up of waiting. Not many friends around here too so days are just dragging... and DH is working tonight and tomorrow all day too. what am I going to do?????

Asturimama Fri 23-Sep-11 17:44:39

Well, ended up going back to hospital to be put on the monitors as I was still worried about the baby not moving.
Thankfully he started moving as soon as they hooked the machine up (sod's law) and everything looks good. Not so good that the internal exam pronounced my cervix fully closed sad
Matron prescribed loads of sex and walking so if that's what it takes, that's what I'll do!!

pistonpower Sat 24-Sep-11 07:51:44

Can I join too? I am 37+3 weeks pregnant and can't wait to meet my little man! I finished work last week and am already bored. He hasn't dropped yet but at least is head down now. I think I am in for a long wait.

I have just come down with a horrible cold and have woken up with ear ache so am sitting with a hot water bottle by my ear until it is time to take some more painkillers. Anyone got any more ideas what I can do to relieve the ear ache?

Bartimaeus Sat 24-Sep-11 09:05:52

I also ended up at hospital last night for monitoring cos baby was not moving a lot (a teeny bit but nothing like usual and very weakly).

Disapproving midwife who basically implied I was wasting her time, but she would monitor me for 30mins as she's legally obliged (i'm in France).

Then she came back and saw that i'd had loads of contractions so examined me and ordered a scan! Exam said cervix firmly closed, scan said baby is fine although she could not get him to move, despite whacking him many times with hte scanner hmm

Anyway, midwife half jokingly said i'll give birth today, and am currently having contractions every 4 mins! (see my thread in chat!)

dribbleface Sat 24-Sep-11 09:16:43

ooh! how exciting! good luck!

Bartimaeus Sat 24-Sep-11 09:20:41

Thanks
am a bit nervous though. still can't believe its not a false alarm (which it might well be, but have been having regular contractions for 4 hours now)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now