Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump soft at top

(5 Posts)
lookout Fri 23-Sep-11 08:13:23

Just noticed this morning in the shower that the top of my bump has gone a bit soft. Anyone else expereicned this? I'm 35 weeks btw.

BedHog Fri 23-Sep-11 08:28:12

The top bit of your bump contains your stomach. Maybe your baby has dropped a bit and given your stomach a bit more room, so it feels softer?

Fresh01 Fri 23-Sep-11 13:24:09

I would guess baby has moved probably downwards as you are nearing the end of your pregnancy. I have always tended to "drop" within the last few weeks. The pressure of the babies head on your cervix is all linked into labour starting, although they can sit down low for weeks. You do tend to notice that when they move down they put more pressure on your bladder so you might be at the loo more often : )

banana87 Fri 23-Sep-11 13:43:28

Yep, baby has moved...at least for now smile

lookout Fri 23-Sep-11 13:51:52

Thanks for the replies. He does feel ever so low and I've been getting some kind of pains and twinges low down so that would make sense!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now