Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

can you eat egg when pregnant???

(11 Posts)
mumt1 Thu 22-Sep-11 18:30:48

I have my fried eggs with the yolk broken and cooked thoroughly through. Even crispy on the edges...is tht ok?

WorzselMummage Thu 22-Sep-11 18:32:00

perfectly ok.

LikeACandleButNotQuite Thu 22-Sep-11 18:33:09

You can even eat mayonnaise! Just go for Hellmans as they use Lion stamped egs.

diddygirl Thu 22-Sep-11 18:35:06

I eat them runny blush

mumt1 Thu 22-Sep-11 18:36:28

Thankyou! That was delicious :D

pinkhyena Thu 22-Sep-11 20:42:36

Yep you're fine. I think officially they recommend solid yolks anyway.

I think i'm going to have to cave into my need for dippy egg and soldiers soon.

annekins Sat 24-Sep-11 07:18:32

pinkhyena - I've already issued instructions for dippy egg and soldiers to be issued to me as a first meal when I get home from hospital after baby is born...only 14 weeks to go (ha).

As long as the yolk is solid, you're fine - not the most exciting, but it's only for a little while.

deemented Sat 24-Sep-11 07:24:57

I always have my yolks runny. Life is too short not to.

Especially as nearly all eggs that are bought nowadays are lion stamped which means the chickens they came from have been vaccinated against salmonella, so there hardly any risk.

Theres nowt better imo, than a lovely soft floury bread roll, slathered in salted butter, with a lovely fried egg in, and the yolk so runny that when you bite into it the yolk pops and runs down your chin... bliss!!

choppychopster Sat 24-Sep-11 07:26:52

Not having runny yolks is to do with the risk of salmonella, but all British eggs with the lion mark are from birds that have been vaccinated against salmonella. Not sure why advice is still to avoid in this case?

Cooked yolks have always been safe though, if not quite as nice.

choppychopster Sat 24-Sep-11 07:28:54

Oops! X-post with Deemented. Too slow on iphone.

pinkhyena Sat 24-Sep-11 09:24:22

annekins that was the same with me last time. I may have caved in yesterday though this time around...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now