Talk

Advanced search

Engaging

(4 Posts)
Renaissance227 Thu 22-Sep-11 15:37:50

Did any of you get any type of pain when your baby started to engage?
I've been told to expect pains that can feel like the start of labour for up to a couple of hours but this being my first baby I have no idea what to expect!!
I'm currently 35+4 days.

yummymango Thu 22-Sep-11 15:58:10

Yes! I am 39 + 5 and have been getting really sharp grating pains low down for a few weeks now. It's always when she is moving and sometimes it takes my breath away. Apparently she is 3/5 engaged so still some way to go!

babloogirl Thu 22-Sep-11 16:43:40

Well I am 38+6 and 3/5 engaged, I did get some pains but nothing like what I would have expected (I was expecting something much more painful). but then again I can't feel any braxton hicks...I am starting to wonder when this baby will come!

golemmings Thu 22-Sep-11 17:16:27

A couple of weeks I had lots of really low crampy type pains and really thought the baby was engaging but the bump didn't drop. GP confirmed yesterday (at 39+6) that its still free. This is second time around though and people keep telling me it might not engage until labour starts.

DD1 was 1/5 engaged at 38+2 and 3/5 engaged at 40+2 and was born at 40+5. I don't remember it hurting though. Mind you - it was 2 years ago and I don't remember much about it at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now