Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

looking to meet other mums to be - leeds

(9 Posts)
rltraw1 Thu 22-Sep-11 11:20:55

hi
im in leeds and 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby.
am looking to chat/meet with other mums to be in the area.
anyone interested?

Rach

PiggyMad Thu 22-Sep-11 11:55:11

Hi,
which area of Leeds are you in? PM me if you don't want to write it on here!
I'm in Leeds and 11 weeks pregnant with my first baby too.

Mikocat Thu 22-Sep-11 17:08:35

Hello. I'm in Leeds too. Only 7 weeks and very nervous. This is my first pregnancy and I'm 38.

PiggyMad Thu 22-Sep-11 18:57:49

I felt a lot better when I got past 8 weeks mikocat. I've got my 12week scan 2 weeks today and it feels a bit surreal still! We've told a couple of people and both parents, but now I'm nearer to 12 weeks I don't really want to tell everyone! I'm enjoying it being quite a private secret.

Mikocat Fri 21-Oct-11 07:19:39

How are you getting on Piggymad and rltraw1? I have my 12 week scan on 31st at LGI (will actually be 13 + 3), so excited/nervous about that. Otherwise I think that the symptoms are lessening, although obviously that makes me a bit worried too - the joy of pregnancy!

PiggyMad Fri 21-Oct-11 14:42:26

Hi ladies,
I'm fine thanks - will be 16 weeks on Monday - eek! Time has definitely started to go a bit quicker now.
I've got my 20 week scan on the 2nd of December so we need to decide if we're going to find out the sex.
I have to say that everyone at St James' has been fantastic - really friendly and helpful - from the consultants to the receptionists to the phlebotomists.

Mikocat Fri 21-Oct-11 14:55:25

Piggymad - how exciting! I'm hoping to get my 20 week scan before Christmas, no idea why I think it would be great to know the sex before Christmas, but I do!

Do you have any 'feelings' about what it might be?

No experiences of LGI yet except for the horrible ante-natal receptionist who was so mean to me. I'm sure the rest of the staff will be nicer! grin

PiggyMad Fri 21-Oct-11 18:59:32

Haha - did you manage to get your 12 week scan rearranged?
I think it is a boy, actually. I can imagine us with a boy more than a girl, but I'd be happy either way really.
They booked my 20-week scan there and then when I was at my 12-week one.
Have you told people that you're pregnant yet? We've only just started telling friends and extended family - don't know how I've managed to keep it quiet for so long!

Mikocat Sat 22-Oct-11 16:05:42

I'm having my scan a week earlier now. Once I finally got hold of the midwife he rang the hospital and - as if by magic - they had a cancellation!

It's weird the telling-people lark! Everyone at work knows because I've been too ill to hide it and we both rang our parents on the day of the BFP! smile otherwise I've started telling people as we see them, but with most of my good friends back home in London there are still a lot who don't know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now