Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raspberry Leaf- but not tea!!!

(23 Posts)
apples82 Wed 21-Sep-11 21:22:36

I'm 36+2 and had my first mug of raspberry leaf tea tonight. I managed half a mug before nearly gagging it all up shock

Does anyone know if you can get raspberry leaf capsules or something, anything but having to drink the tea- I just can't do it confused

nearlymumofone Wed 21-Sep-11 21:24:18

yes you can. and I highly recommend them, worked a treat for me (unless it was just a coincidence). Get them from Holland and Barrett. Good luck!

apples82 Wed 21-Sep-11 21:27:20

Thanks nearlymumofone, as much as i'm looking forward to meeting my LO there is no way I can chow down two mug fulls of that stuff a day! grin

apples82 Wed 21-Sep-11 21:45:27

Just ordered 400mg tablets, on a messageboard someone has said that they took 2 x 400mg three times a day after meals. Does this sound right to you?

cherryjellybelly Wed 21-Sep-11 21:47:34

it should tell you on the back of the packet whats normal to take smile hope they work for you!

nearlymumofone Wed 21-Sep-11 21:49:36

I can't remember, sorry. I don't want to guess in case I'm wrong. I went overdue (10 days) but when my contractions did start there was no messing, good strong contractions and I had ds within 10 hours of them starting. I had a great birth actually. very positive experience! Good luck.

lollystix Wed 21-Sep-11 22:04:49

They are minging generally I've found the Clipper ones ok this pregnancy (ds4 so experienced in the world of raspberry leaf tea wink)

GroovyRach Wed 21-Sep-11 22:06:09

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who likes the tea!! I happily sip away on it grin

PamBeesly Wed 21-Sep-11 22:11:16

I think its delicious and used to drink it all the time before becoming pregnant, I miss it, I'm only 17+5 so I've a long wait

Catsycat Wed 21-Sep-11 22:38:50

I liked the tea, but still had two EMCS because I just don't labour well!!! I like the tea weak (like my contractions, as it happens).

lookout Wed 21-Sep-11 22:55:48

I don't mind it either! Can anyone tell me, is it only available at health food stores?

PamBeesly Wed 21-Sep-11 22:56:52

I'm not sure lookout, maybe a big supermarket would sell it, any shop that stocks herbal teas should have it

lookout Wed 21-Sep-11 23:01:11

Thanks Pam. Will have a nose tomorrow.

Catsycat Wed 21-Sep-11 23:01:46

I got mine at Holland and Barratt.

Beesok Thu 22-Sep-11 00:05:44

I like it too! I bought the Yogi one - think I ordered it from Amazon, and it's OK actually smile
Let's hope it works - this is my first pregnancy, but I did notice that I am getting braxton hicks contractions more frequently since starting to drink the tea....

apples82 Thu 22-Sep-11 09:11:54

I bought the tea from tesco- the Clipper variety is on offer currently for £1.

ConstanceNoring Thu 22-Sep-11 09:15:58

A herbalist friend of mine also recommended to keep taking it after giving birth has it helps to get the cervix back into condition.

KateeTheBump Thu 22-Sep-11 12:17:36

The heath and heather tea is more like raspberry and apple in flavour, so tastes better. My advice would be with the tablets to start off with one or two a day and build up - I took the super concentrated version once at 34 weeks (equivalent of 6 of the 400mg ones) and had wall-to-wall braxton hicks all day and all evening - not comfortable! Maybe start off with one at breakfast and dinner, then increase to one in the middle of the day, then gradually add in the 2x. Its good stuff though grin

apples82 Thu 22-Sep-11 17:09:12

KateeTheBump many thanks for your advice on the tablet dosage. I hadn't considered that they might kick off braxton hicks!

I shall indeed take your advice with starting them gradually and building up.

So glad you replied, my midwife hasn't replied to me when I asked her about it!

Velvetcu Thu 22-Sep-11 18:31:39

I'm 35+2 I've been taking 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening (400mg) for 10 days now and it didn't occur to me that that explains why I'm feeling braxton hicks regularly now when I never have before! doh!!

Irishclaire Fri 23-Sep-11 13:54:48

Yes I have been taking the heath and heather brand too and I actually enjoy it...

UmBongo Fri 23-Sep-11 18:32:48

I managed to down the tea with honey stirred in it! Did make it thinking that it could be a massive waste of a spoonful of honey though! Not generally a fan of herbal teas though.

whackamole Sat 24-Sep-11 14:20:27

They definitely have them in Holland and Barrett, I bought some of the tea because I was too tight to buy the capsules lol!

Actually for a herbal tea it is not too minging,.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now