Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dating scan... at 8+5?!

(10 Posts)
mildertduck Wed 21-Sep-11 18:22:50

I've just had my letter from the hospital (John Radcliffe in Oxford, in case it's relevant) and my dating scan is on 30th September - when, according to my calculations, I'll be 8+5. Is that not ridiculously early? How will they see anything? I am confused and anxious and the fact that they've spelt my name wrong and think I'm Miss not Mrs is not filling me with confidence... is this normal? Anyone got any reassuring stories about the JR? I've only been there for A&E...

CheeseandGherkins Wed 21-Sep-11 18:25:26

You can see quite a lot at almost 9 weeks but you won't be able to have a nuchal scan until 11ish weeks. Either they have it wrong or they'll offer you another scan for the nuchal. Call and find out.

pinkytheshrinky Wed 21-Sep-11 18:30:25

I had a dating scan at 6+3 and they saw the baby and a heartbeat - sounds fine to me

Yorky Wed 21-Sep-11 18:58:37

I was scanned at the JR for DD and afair it was around the usual 12wk time. It may be worth ringnig them to confirm, especially given the inaccuracy of your personal details

BeeBread Wed 21-Sep-11 19:01:16

You might end up having a second scan at 11-14 weeks. No bad thing - you get to see the baby twice!

BlueKangaroo22 Wed 21-Sep-11 19:32:44

when I had mine they put me as 9+3 and I thought I was well over 10 weeks. So weird at that point cause they don't move, i had to be reassured my dd had a heartbeat cause she didnt budge. lol

banana87 Wed 21-Sep-11 19:46:49

They won't be able to date you then. They will be able to see a fetus and heartbeat but will likely ask you back at the 12-13 week mark when they can measure the nuchal fold. Might be worth phoning them and telling them unless you want a sneak peek smile

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 21-Sep-11 19:49:18

Just to check - how have you calculated your dates? Day 1 is first day of your last period.

mildertduck Wed 21-Sep-11 21:35:24

Husband has pointed out that I didn't have a period between my implant being removed and the positive pregnancy test, so I could be further on than I thought (GP and I have been working on guess of 1st August since that's when she removed it)... thanks ladies; I'll ring them in the morning.

mildertduck Thu 22-Sep-11 14:15:22

All sorted - records fixed and scan moved back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now