Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has your hair stopped falling out?

(8 Posts)
mistressploppy Wed 21-Sep-11 13:51:11

While pregnant with DC1, my hair didn't fall out at all. It was really noticeable as it's long and curly and usually I have great fronds of it festooning the shower every morning. But when pregnant - nothing. Lovely thick hair.

Am now 20wks with DC2 and hair is still falling out with normal regularity. Every other aspect of the pregnancy is the same though.

Just wondered what everyone else found....

LornaGoon Wed 21-Sep-11 14:52:17

Watching with interest. When pregnant with DC1 my hair (also long and curly) was also lovely and think. And it wasn't until he was at least 12 weeks that it started to fall out.

Now 12 weeks pregnant with DC2 it's started to fall out again. It had only just recovered! I can only put it down to the usual work stress and pregnancy hormones.

Catsycat Wed 21-Sep-11 15:08:43

I also have long, curly, very dark hair and it was fab during both pgs. About 12 weeks after both births, it started falling out in clumps - literally I would get out a whole handful from the brush and shower. It was really noticeable both times that I had lots of hair that was shorter, where it had regrown (nice!). It seemed to get particularly thin at the temples before growing back. Will see what happens this time, though too early to tell yet!

milkyways Wed 21-Sep-11 15:09:06

Hi, with my DD, my hair became long, thick and lush. I loved it! My other body hair also grew abundantly, which was a bit annoying!

With this pregnancy (especially in the first trimester) I had huge chunks of hair fall out in the shower, when I brushed, when I ran fingers through my hair. Really horrible. My hair has gone limp and thin. Interestingly my body hair has reduced aswell.

I went to get my eyebrows threaded after 10 weeks (longest I ever left them) and the lovely lady who does them told me what the gender of my baby was just by looking at them, and she was right! I'm having a boy! Her theory was that boys leech testosterone from the mother's body which results in less hair growth in the mother. Don't know how true this is, but I know that I had more hair with my DD than I do with this pregnancy!

ITryToBeZenBut Wed 21-Sep-11 15:59:06

milyways I sympathise.

I'm 19 weeks and have always had thick, dark hair which I've persevered to grow long (having never had it long as a kid as it was too thick to manage) and it's been falling out in scary amounts for the last 5 or 6 weeks - sometimes literally handfuls shock

I guess the saving grace is that it is thick to start with so hides it more but I'm off to find a special detangler to help it as it's so dry now too that it keeps tangling and making the hair loss worse. The midwife said some babies give hair and some take.

I'm a bit scared it's going to continue and will start to become noticable blush but not sure what else I can do.

Quenelle Wed 21-Sep-11 16:03:09

I'm 7 weeks and mine has stopped falling out already. It stopped when I was pg with DS too. After he was born though, it came out in huge handfuls, it was revolting.

I have dark, frizzy curly shoulder length hair at the moment but I'm getting it cut before the birth this time.

addictedtofrazzles Wed 21-Sep-11 20:21:36

With DS1 and DS2 my hair never fell out. This pregnancy, I am mortified by the amount of hair that is falling out - am worried I will be bald!!!

Catsycat Wed 21-Sep-11 20:47:44

addicted, your username has made me want Frazzles so badly, I could chew off my own arm - if it was Frazzles flavour that is!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now