Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I worrying unneccesarily?

(10 Posts)
QueenCee Wed 21-Sep-11 07:04:53

I'm currently 18+6 with DC2.
I felt DD move in my first pregnancy at 17 weeks, admittedly very subtle, sporadic movements but none the less, movement.
I'm not feeling a thing with this baby. I always thought you felt the second one earlier than the first?
There's only a small gap between the 2 so hadn't quite lost all the weight, could that be a factor?
Should I get checked or just sit tight and be patient?
I just wanted to know if this is quite normal or whether I have good cause to be worried?

loverocky Wed 21-Sep-11 07:08:22

i think you should be a little patient i felt my first move at 20 weeks or around that and my second at 17 XD what a difference, I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant with the second now due 12 november. good luck hun and just be patient smile

gluttom Wed 21-Sep-11 07:09:18

felt dc1 late - after 20 weeks - dc2 early around 16 weeks and dc3 around 18 weeks so no real pattern to it. Sure everything is ok - placenta couldbe at front this time too.

QueenCee Wed 21-Sep-11 07:11:59

Thanks for the quick replies... I've not got my scan til 22 weeks so need to wait for 3 weeks for some peace of mind!

loverocky Wed 21-Sep-11 07:14:03

you could always get a home heart monitor for you, for peace of mind i got mine with the first and still have it. Mines an angel sounds really good and if you get worried just stick it on your belly with some water smile

icravecheese Wed 21-Sep-11 09:43:18

I felt my first at around 18wks, my 2nd at 16wks, and my 3rd.....absolutely NOTHING until about 23wks!!

I worried about it too, but at my 20wk scan they said ohh baby is VERY active, can you feel her yet? Nope, nothing. Turns out I have an anterior placenta this time so no movements felt til much later on.

Dont worry about it - I know its so tempting to compare pregnancies, but they really can be so very different each time.

WeLoveHaribo Wed 21-Sep-11 10:43:04

I felt my 1st at around 22wk and am now 19+3 with no feelings. Got my scan in a week.

addictedtofrazzles Wed 21-Sep-11 10:45:56

No feelings here for DC3 too - am 19 weeks. So hard not to worry isn't it?

QueenCee Wed 21-Sep-11 13:45:40

Thank you so much for all your replies... Definitely reassuring to hear all your stories.

mistressploppy Wed 21-Sep-11 13:47:58

I posted this exact thing a week or so ago! Am now 20wks with No 2 and feeling v faint flutters.

Don't worry (but I do know how pointless it is to say that!)

Or - make a midwife appt and see if she can let you hear the heartbeat to reassure yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now