Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm unwell will it effect my bubs?

(7 Posts)
justhayley Tue 20-Sep-11 23:36:17

Hiya may be a silly question but iv come down with a horrible cold and a few flu like symptoms, I have a slight temperature but nothing serious, will this have any effect on my little bean? I'm currently 9 weeks 3 days pregnant. Anything in particular I need to do or just treat it like a normal cold?

Iv lost my appetite buy am making myself eat and drink loads of fluids so it's still getting everything it needs.

God I never thought I'd be one of these mums who worried about everything - 9 weeks into pregnancy and I'm already totally paranoid and over protective, my poor child to be lol

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 21-Sep-11 00:52:03

The cold/flu won't affect your baby, but there's all sorts of cold remedies you can't take; check with a pharmacist. I know because I had a rotten cold when pregnant with ds2 and couldn't take anything; he's now a strapping 21 year old!

SansaLannister Wed 21-Sep-11 00:53:52

No, shouldn't do.

You can use steam. You can also use Sterimar spray up your nostrils. You can take paracetamol.

See the chemist, as suggested!

justhayley Wed 21-Sep-11 12:03:46

Thanks both smile feel awful today but as long as it's not effecting the baby I'll live

Flisspaps Wed 21-Sep-11 12:08:59

Paracetamol and steam are fine, Olbas Oil if you're blocked up.

I had Swine Flu when I was pregnant with DD and she turned out OK (mad as a box of frogs, but perfectly healthy)

Just look after yourself, DC will be fine smile

sazzermol Wed 21-Sep-11 12:11:38

Drink lots and lots too as dehydration can effect little one - plus it always helps colds/flus flush out of your system quicker I think. Hope you feel better soon!

iWILLdothis Wed 21-Sep-11 12:12:56

You can steam with Karvol capsules, really helps.
As others have said, take paracetamol. Drink plenty. Rest (if possible) and eating chocolate is totally compulsary at a time like this. Bubs will be fine. Get well soon! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now