Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Having a wobbly at 25 weeks (2nd Baby)

(11 Posts)
Dummyhunter Tue 20-Sep-11 16:00:25

Ok so nothing sinister but just needed a chat.

Having moved house a couple of months ago cannot find anything and nesting has gone into hyper drive - cannot find any of DC1s (17months) clothes, want to rip everything out of boxes and cupboards and cant because lm huge. Want to sort out the garage where l think my bags are and l have a baby who wont sleep and all my 2nd time round friends are having their babies weeks ahead of schedule. And breathe! just frustrated really am l the only one feeling like this? Im also trying to work part time and just want to cry right now, l feel so unprepared for this baby but with DC1 l was ready by the time l was 20 wks with a full nursery etc. I feel like lm going crazy, what the hell am l going to feel like whan this baby arrives?

foolonthehill Tue 20-Sep-11 17:38:41

ahh bless! and breathe and breathe. repeat after me, "it will be ok, it will be ok, it will be ok".

Every time is different and you can't be as "ready" for 2 as you were 1......I've got 6 and every one got more and more disorganised ( and we always managed to move at the wrong time).youngest is 5 now ( can't believe it)

you will love your baby, you love your dc1, s/he will sleep eventually and so will you....baby will be loved and frankly will not mind if s/he sleeps in a drawer ( like my DC3) for the first few weeks or only cycles between 3 different babygrows...you can't always be in control of everything........just do what you can and right now that is looking after you and DC1 and the growing baby...eat, sleep, play and work...let the rest fall into place as it can.

have a hug....and breathe again!!smile

Iggly Tue 20-Sep-11 17:44:38

I'm 30 weeks with number 2, DS is 2. He was sleeping badly a few months ago which was a killer.

I have had the odd moment where I panic but the rest of the time I waltz along in denial.

But I'm not a big planner so maybe that's why I'm not wire so stressed - you sound like you are being ready at 20 weeks last time? Concentrate on enjoying DC1 because soon you won't have that one to one time. Also you've done it before, you've got most of the essentials from last time so actually there's not much to do.

When do you go on maternity leave? Maybe go a little earlier if you can or take some time off now to focus on DC2.

Dummyhunter Wed 21-Sep-11 12:03:48

Thanks guys you made me feel much better x

DH came home to me in a puddle of tears last night and we have had a big long chat and l feel much better about everything this morning. He will sort garage etc out and he phoned my nun who ius coming over to watch DC while l sort babys stuff at the weekend. I have phoned work and am starting mat leave in 6 weeks as replacement wanted to start earlier anyway so that takes some pressure off me and l can have some one to one time with DC1 before 2 arrives. l really do have to learn it is ok to have bad days sometimes and those who say they are perfect are all fibbers!

Thanks once again guys x

LilBB Wed 21-Sep-11 12:08:04

If it makes you feel better I'm 23 weeks and living with in laws cos we can't find a bloody house. Every single one gets snapped up just before us. Everything's in storage. I'm going viewing another 3 today and if I don't find one I'm going to cry. I want to put up the cot, sort out clothes and get DD settled before baby arrives. I'm starting maternity leave in two weeks and it can't come soon enough but I want my own house!!!

MarkStretch Wed 21-Sep-11 12:12:36

I am 25 weeks with DC3, I have got nothing ready! I have a bag of donated neutral babygros (we don't know what we're having) and a pack of newborn nappies. That is IT. I gave away ALL my baby stuff after I had DS as we didn't think it would happen again, but it did!

Eventually we will need to swap around everyone's bedrooms but I am not even thinking about that yet. The baby will be in with us for the first few months anyway.

So I don't have a nursery ready, I don't have many clothes ready, I don't even have a little car seat anymore!

It will all fall into place.... [hopeful]

PeggyCarter Wed 21-Sep-11 12:22:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foolonthehill Wed 21-Sep-11 13:57:22

puddlejumper and anyone else who has nothing...get in touch with your local MN..I bet there are so many others out there who would love to give or lend you the stuff you need....I just gave so much of mine to a couple of adopting parents who had been caught on the hop...with joy....I gained the space back!!

Tigerinmysoup Wed 21-Sep-11 14:16:19

Oh I know how you feel. I'm 33 weeks and am having to fight the nesting urge as we're having work done at home and I can't get to anything or sort anything out. The rest of my house feels like a tip and I've not got the energy to do anything about it anyway after chasing my toddler around all day. Like the PP says, I'm trying to enjoy the last few weeks spending one-on-one time with my son instead, until I'm too big and uncomfortable to be any fun for him. Relax smile

Dummyhunter Thu 22-Sep-11 12:45:14

Thanks everyone - so glad that lm not the only one x

l guess sometimes that we just have to roll with it, as my husband said yesterday ' life will only throw things at you which you are capable of catching or ignoring! and you just have to learn which ones are which' and that we have a lovely, happy, well adjusted child already and DC2 will be no different because lm a brilliant mum. Bloody men why do they have to be so rational and nice when your hormonal!

foolonthehill Thu 22-Sep-11 13:20:57

be happy smile some of them aren't!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now