Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Late 40's and pregnant

(9 Posts)
sophiesmiles Tue 20-Sep-11 12:26:38

Help!!! I am very late 40's and just discovered I am pregnant, this is a total shock, I already have 3 teenage DDs and this certainly wasn't planned because I thought I was going through the menopause. I would appreciate hearing from any other mums in or have previously been in the same situation. How do I tell friends and family??!

sevensevenseven Tue 20-Sep-11 12:29:01

I have no experience of this so have nothing helpful to say but congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope someone helpful comes along soon!

Sandra2011 Tue 20-Sep-11 13:56:15

Try www.babycentre.co.uk and search groups like

*40+ and pregnant
*Over 40s Mums, Mums-to-be and TTC

HardCheese Tue 20-Sep-11 13:57:59

Congratulations, sophiesmiles! There's certainly a thread on here somewhere for mothers over 40, I think - maybe if you look further back you could revive it...? Also, you'll find a lot of 40-something mothers over in the forum on antenatal testing, so that might be a place to start, even if you're nowhere near that stage yourself.

shinysideup Tue 20-Sep-11 20:09:10

Big congratulations sophiesmiles. I'm 45 and 14+5. I have a 25 yr old DD, and DH has DS aged 20 and 22 - fabulous family planning!! This baby is a big surprise as we had been trying for ages and had thought it just wasn't to be. We're over the moon especially now since having the 12 week scan and screening results coming back low risk smile
We've been very pleasantly surprised that everyone's reactions have been positive although I think the boys were horrified to realise that me and their Dad still had sex, at our age... wink

montysma1 Tue 20-Sep-11 21:57:28

congratulations!

I'm 45 and 22+4 weeks. So far so good, had an all clear amnio. Completely unexpected. I have 3 yr old twins, so I must just be a bit of a late starter. Have to say, I was and am a bit mortified about the whole thing!
Hope it goes well for you.

PamBeesly Tue 20-Sep-11 22:07:00

Congratulations! I'm not or haven't been in your situation I just wanted to say congratulations and although your DD's might be a bit shock at first they will realise they are getting a new brother or sister so they should be grin Good luck

kellzi Wed 21-Sep-11 12:03:52

hi
congratulations, i have also just found out pregnant at 41, have only been trying for 4 months so very pleased, but have 19 + 22 year old that i feel will be shocked although i have hinted alot about wanting another baby, have forgot everything though, when do i go to the doctors and tell them etc etc !!! help

sophiesmiles Thu 22-Sep-11 05:00:19

Thank you for all your replies, you have all helped to cheer me up. I plan on telling my DDs at the weekend I think they will be as shock as me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now