Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Giving birth in Israel / Pal territories

(3 Posts)
Russki Tue 20-Sep-11 10:38:00

Hi there
My husband and I are living in Israel, and i have just found out that I am pregnant. I think I want to have the baby here, although it is not my home country. I have heard good things about the Holy Family hospital in Bethlehem, but I wondered if anybody could share their experiences as an expat giving birth in Israel. From what I understand, the Palestinian hospitals tend to follow a European approach of medical care, and the Israeli hospitals the American approach. Grateful for any tips.

Nearlycooked Tue 20-Sep-11 10:40:44

Sorry - can't resist - think they have a good stable!!!

kat2504 Tue 20-Sep-11 10:53:03

Make sure you book in well in advance or they might not have any room on the maternity ward! I hope you aren't due at the end of December as this is apparently a very busy time for them....

I suspect local info will be better than MN for finding out what you need. If i was in a different country I would probably want to visit the hospitals myself and get a feel for which one I was most comfortable with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now