Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks or could labour be approaching?

(3 Posts)
Asturimama Tue 20-Sep-11 09:49:53

Hello everyone.

I am 39+5 and, although I haven't "felt" any BH so far, in the past couple of days my bump has been going hard more and more often and for longer periods at a time.
I say I haven't felt it, because the only way I know is by the look of the bump or by putting my hands on it (more often than not it's my DH who notices) rather than by a feeling of tightening or pain.
Anybody else has experienced the same? Was it long before labour? (insert wishful thinking emoticon"

dribbleface Tue 20-Sep-11 10:23:51

Hi Asturimama,

I have had this for the past month am 38 weeks with DC2, mine are a bit painful too (although this is more common in second pregnancies apparently). It could well be your gearing up for labour, but at 39+5 you nearly there anyway!

With DC1 i had them from the friday and he was born the following thursday in the early hours.

Good luck

Asturimama Tue 20-Sep-11 12:31:30

Thanks dribbleface, I certainly hope labor is round the corner, getting a bit impatient now!

I am glad to hear that you experienced the same, I was finding it a bit funny since, like I said, I do not notice the tightenings, but I can see them and feel them with my hands..

Come on baby, we are waiting for you! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now