Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone seen any navy maternity trousers?

(12 Posts)
blueskydrinking Mon 19-Sep-11 21:21:26

I need them to be good quality, not too thin, but bootcut/straight/skinny could all work.

They're for work, but I'm smart-casual and can dress up pretty much anything except jeans to an acceptable level of smartness!

Would very much appreciate it if anyone's spotted anything. Hope this plea is in the right place!

wompoopigeon Mon 19-Sep-11 21:32:12

Good question. If you're feeling rich there are some here:

twill trousers

more loungey

And I saw another pair in their Islington store last week which I swear were more casual but I can't see them on the website. I think they were by a brand called Bellybutton (yuk). Also spendy.

Seraphine have a cropped pair in their sale.

Actually I'm not sure if that is very helpful or not but that's my best shot!

whackamole Mon 19-Sep-11 21:43:22

I have some from Dorothy Perkins - these ones

Not sure if they are too casual? I wore mine all the way through work, with a smart top they are fine. I just don't get along with anything either under or half way up my bump and these are really comfy.

blueskydrinking Tue 20-Sep-11 20:46:55

Thank you!! smile

I think you're right about the DP trousers, whackamole - I'm not sure I can dress them up enough... is it just the pic that makes them look a slightly funny shape? What shoes do you wear them with?

I REALLY like the style of the twill trousers; have you seen them in RL wompoopigeon ? Are they as shiny as they look? I'm seriously considering those leggings as I think they'd work really well, but £££, phew.

(I've just read my post..... fussy...... hmm )

wompoopigeon Tue 20-Sep-11 20:54:46

I think I have seen them in RL but I can't quite remember. Sorry that's a completely useless reply isn't it.

I think unless you can get along to one of their shops in London, your options are either to just order them and return them OR another idea is to ring the shop and get them to describe them to you (eg. the shininess) over the phone. The Upper St shop is always completely empty so they ought to have time to talk to you!

blueskydrinking Tue 20-Sep-11 20:56:50

I like these actually from the same site, although I'm not entirely sure what's going on at the bottom.

blueskydrinking Tue 20-Sep-11 20:57:20

(...of the trousers smile )

wompoopigeon Tue 20-Sep-11 21:04:30

Ah! Now those I have seen! They are the ones I thought were by bellybutton. They were nice. IIRC quite jeansy pockets on the rear, but I also work in a smart-casual office and thought I could probably carry them off with a smart top half.

That website is a bit duff isn't it, it's hard to see the garments properly.

blueskydrinking Tue 20-Sep-11 21:08:49

I know, just tried to add the twill ones to my basket and they only have black. Bugger.

wompoopigeon Tue 20-Sep-11 21:10:06

Humph.
<cheerily> still, that's £100 saved.

blueskydrinking Tue 20-Sep-11 21:13:58

Too right.

I often have many baskets on the go at once - fantasy shopping smile doesn't mean I can't sulk when they haven't got what I want, though.......

blueskydrinking Tue 20-Sep-11 21:17:29

(I've got some kickass boots in one of them... DH would KILL me if I checked out that basket)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now