Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements starting to get painful at 35 weeks. Mean anything???

(4 Posts)
acatcalledfelix Mon 19-Sep-11 20:59:26

Hi all,
Think I've got a heightened sense of pain at the moment (have also got a thread going about horrid muscular back spasms that started on saturday). But, over the last day or so the baby has become really really active, and the movements are starting to get quite painful. This is leading me to convince myself that my waters are going to break immininently. Am I being very stupid??
I remember with DS having one period-type pain (at 37 weeks) then my waters going 30 mins later. I'm really pleased that I'm getting lots of movement, but Just need to stop myself thinking that it's more than it really is!

Tell me I'm silly.....

BedHog Mon 19-Sep-11 21:05:11

I'm 35 weeks too and it's starting to get painful at times. I think it's the size and strength of the baby - my waist has expanded by 3 inches in the last couple of weeks, and the bum and feet have reached my ribs which is really uncomfortable. I'm also really bloated and gassy after eating, so have to lay down on my side after each meal to burp a few times which relieves the pressure.

Nearlycooked Tue 20-Sep-11 10:39:08

36 weeks and feeling the same - can make you catch your breath sometimes!!! worst is when I feel like she is "drilling" her head down in the fanjio region!!! NOT amusing - there will be words!!!lol!

saoirse86 Tue 20-Sep-11 11:36:39

I had lots of very painful movements in the last few weeks but my waters didn't ever break. I just pushed them out still in the sack before pushing dd out. It's probably just that you're expecting things to be the same as last time, but it's surprising how different things can be with subsequent pregnancies/births.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now