Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is very watery discharge in later pregnancy normal?

(8 Posts)
outthere Mon 19-Sep-11 16:58:50

Hi all,

Following on from another thread I'm just looking for some reassurance that early morning watery discharge is just par for the course...

About 20 minutes after getting up in the morning I get a very watery discharge, about 1 or 2 teaspoons that runs down my legs (sorry for the delightful description but it gives an idea of consistency). The liquid is clear, doesn't smell and is definitely not urine.

I had this in my last pregnancy and thought it was a slow leak of amnio fluid. When it started happening this time I thought it must just be one of those things that a lot of people get.

Does anyone else get the same thing? Hoping for some reassurance as I had a premature labour at 33 weeks last time. I'm currently 30+2...

NoMoreWasabi Mon 19-Sep-11 17:04:43

I'm not sure that is normal. I'd speak to your midwife asap as it might be leaking from your waters.

banana87 Mon 19-Sep-11 17:13:29

I am 31 weeks tomorrow and get watery discharge. It never runs down my legs but often my underwear has a big wet patch in it. Has been happening for a few weeks now. As yours was running down your legs I would definitely call and make sure it isn't your waters.

outthere Mon 19-Sep-11 17:19:55

It probably runs the way it does because I'm still wearing my pjs and no pants... blush so sounds quite similar to yours then smile

NoMoreWasabi Mon 19-Sep-11 17:28:15

Given your history I really wouldn't take any chances here.

GemmaReeto Mon 19-Sep-11 18:22:55

My midwife mentioned that discharge can get watery towards the end so Im sure its normal but if you are worried give yours a call.

claricestar Mon 19-Sep-11 18:25:05

mine was quite watery towards the end of my last pregnancy. I had to wear panty liners.

laracroft2001 Tue 20-Sep-11 10:13:00

i get very similar and I am 28+5 so bloomin hope its not waters!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spoke to the midwife about it and she said it could be something or nothing and the next time it happened to go into Tri-age straight away with 'evidence' and they would check me out. it doesn't happen to me every day, maybe every 3-5 days and maybe once a day, at random times. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now