Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Downs syndrome worry

(5 Posts)
mrsbrooks Mon 19-Sep-11 16:34:42

Have just come back from my 12 wk scan and was told the fluid behind the neck was quite prominent and it's possible it may have a learning disability. I'm very worried and upset and have to go to a special hospital on thurs but have to wait until next wk to get results.
My husband is very upset to and it's a horrible feeling so thought I'd let it out on here. Any similar experiences out there? X

kat2504 Mon 19-Sep-11 16:42:19

What risk factor did they give you? They count even 1/150 as high risk but at that level, the chance of something being wrong is still very very small.
Are you going to have the CVS test on Thursday? That will tell you for sure. I'm sure it is a very horrible feeling and am sorry that you are having to go through this worry. Here's hoping that next week brings you better news.

abdullah Sat 24-Sep-11 16:49:19

hi, I hope all is ok with mrsbrooks. I also had my scan yesterday and was told the same my reading was 6.something i think 3? at 13+1 weeks, midwife advised that there is no point doing a blood test and that i should consider cvs treatment. i really dont want to put the baby at any risk and would not consider a termination if i did find of any abnormalities and my husband feels the same, but i'mm still worried really dont understand much of whats going on. midwife wants my decision by monday, i guess im more worried about putting the baby at risk incase of a miscarriage if i do the cvs test thing? any advice much appreciated

MainlyMaynie Sun 25-Sep-11 14:47:38

Abdullah, try the antenatal tests section on here, they'll be able to give good advice.

themightyskim Sun 25-Sep-11 15:14:26

there was a thread about this the other day and I noticed that a few people provided links to web sites to get information perhaps you might be able to find some ideas on that?

Im sorry that you are both going through this stressful time and I hope you both get the help that you need

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now