Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sore episiotomy scar

(6 Posts)
Cutelittlecatlover Mon 19-Sep-11 16:00:11

Apologies in advance for tmi!

I'm 11 weeks pg with dc2. I had an episiotomy with dc1 who is nearly 2 and for the last few weeks I've been feeling quite sore there. Last night dh and I had sex and I felt such sharp pain I had to stop. Today its really sore to touch and I have a constant heavy aching feeling along the scar line. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Wtf is it and did it get better on its own?

roz1982 Mon 19-Sep-11 17:18:45

Sorry haven't experienced this but didn't want to read and run! If I were you I'd keep an eye on it and if it happens again see docs. Have you got your booking in app soon? Midwife might be able to help. However if it's causing you lots of pain I'd get to docs ASAP x

Cutelittlecatlover Mon 19-Sep-11 21:41:32

Thanks Roz, I've seen mw already but didn't mention it. I'm not seeing her again until I'm 16 weeks but I'll definitely speak to her then. Just wondering if I'm the only one as I've never heard of this before!

ayla83 Mon 19-Sep-11 22:41:55

I have the same situation but am 24 weeks with twins - also had an episiotomy with DD who is now 2.10. I get a heavy achy pain in that whole region and have been assuming it was the episiotomy scar. Anyway it seemed to be getting worse the last couple of weeks so I took a look - I actually have a huge varicose vein going right down one side of my vulva sad It looks pretty bad - I'm fairly certain this is what's causing the pain. Not much help but thought I'd let you know there may be another cause (though I hope you don't end up with varicose veins either!)

goodnightmoon Tue 20-Sep-11 08:57:07

i have had a lot of pain and pressure on my episiotomy scar since the start of my pregnancy (3 years after that delivery). It started around 14 weeks and not long after i started seeing large varicose veins. The veins may not be showing but it could be extra blood pooling in that area.

BedHog Tue 20-Sep-11 09:04:26

Mine was a bit sore in early pregnancy - I assumed it was because of the extra blood, swelling, hormones, stretching and general movement in that area.

The soreness subsided in the 2nd trimester and there was no pain at all once I got to around 20ish weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now