Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tummy already?

(12 Posts)
bigboobsatlast Mon 19-Sep-11 11:57:22

I am only 5 weeks with number 2. With my first I did not have anything like a bump until 12+ weeks, so keeping it a secret until after the scan was not really a problem. But now I swear I already have a tummy! I am quite skinny and so it really shows. I know the baby is tiny tiny at the moment so is this really a baby bump or is it just bloating that will go.

I really dont want to tell people until 12 week scan, but I already can't do my jeans up!!

Is this usual with a second pregnancy?

GiraffeAHolic Mon 19-Sep-11 12:07:04

It probably is bloating, but I could definitely see a change at around 6 weeks this pregnancy (second one). With my first I didn't really show until 18 weeks ish, but I've been in maternity clothes since 12 weeks this time round.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 19-Sep-11 12:11:34

I'm almost 19 wks with my 3rd & I had a bump from about 6 wks this time & I'm chubby anyway so thought I would just look fat but it was definitely there & now I have a great big bump, I will rolling around if it snows this winter grin

bigboobsatlast Mon 19-Sep-11 12:13:50

ok, so I should just embrace it then!! I will leave it a few more weeks before getting the mat. clothes out the loft - loose and baggy for now! Lets hope no one has the nerve to ask me if I am up the duff during the next few weeks

HappyAsIAm Mon 19-Sep-11 12:15:41

I am 8 weeks with my second baby, and I found that 2 or so weeks ago, I was looking like I had a real pot belly. It has actually gone down now, and everything fits again.

thejaffacakesareonme Mon 19-Sep-11 12:58:21

I felt I looked pregnant at about 6 weeks this time round (DC3). I was convinced that people would notice but when I told folk after the 12 week scan it turned out that no one had guessed!

mumt1 Mon 19-Sep-11 19:15:16

I am showing to, at 9 weeks. With my second and my boobs are a cup size bigger, and I was a size 6-8 and now a size 10. I'm hoping no-one notices my bump neither!

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Mon 19-Sep-11 19:17:59

I'm 14 weeks now, size 10-12 and don't really have a bump and this is number 3. I did have a hell of a bloat a few weeks ago though, looked very many months gone blush. I think it was al the fizzy water I was drinking to try and help with nausea. My boobs have gone beserk in the last fortnight, if anything that's the giveaway. I've put on 4 pounds so far and I think it's fair to say it's gone straight to my chest blush

LittleWhiteWolf Mon 19-Sep-11 19:19:14

I'm 12 weeks with my second and am showing, although I didn't until quite late with my DD. I'm managing to hide it at work as I'm still not ready to tell them, but its definitely there and I've been wearing maternity trousers from 10 weeks.

2wwmadness Mon 19-Sep-11 19:27:00

I am 9 (or 10 were not sure) with my first an have a definate bump. No mistaking it! I'm managing to hide it in loose clothes but it is there. I thought I was being all precious because it's my first and I'm dramatic, But two people have guessed. Glad I'm not the only one!

mumt1 Mon 19-Sep-11 19:46:32

I am glad I'm not the only one to! My partner said I look 4 months gone! My mums has an incling I think, keeps looking at my belly, not said anything tho. I'm to scared to tell her!

bigboobsatlast Tue 20-Sep-11 07:36:46

Definitely agree re boobs (hence my name!) already gone up a cup size but I am not complaining!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now