Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hands feeling slightly swollen and itchy.

(3 Posts)
tinky19 Mon 19-Sep-11 09:38:30

Hi,
just as it says in the title really. I was awake last night with it. Hands feeling quite strange, big and itchy. This morning they don't feel itchy but they do feel at bit big but don't look particularly large just feel it IYSWIM (and hotter than normal). Feet and head ok.
Any ideas?
(Oh, I'm 29 weeks BTW)

whizzyrocket Mon 19-Sep-11 10:52:07

I've had to take my wedding ring off (yesterday.. with great difficulty! 33 weeks) as my hands have obviously swollen a bit too.

I've had it explained to me that as we carry extra blood when we're pregnant it's perfectly normal, but that you need to be aware of all over swelling, or more extreme swelling as it can be a sign of more sinister goings on. As ever, if you're worried there is no harm in calling your midwife.

LadyMary Mon 19-Sep-11 11:13:46

Were the palms of your hands itchy? I am sure you are fine, but it is definitely worth seeing your midwife or GP about this. Itchy extremities can be a sign of obstetric cholestasis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now