Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

itchy :( ... advice please

(4 Posts)
FirstTimeMummyToBe Mon 19-Sep-11 08:40:59

Hi i am 30+5 and my stomach has been really itchy recently. I am aware that this could be down to the stretching etc. But it is definitely getting worse.

I am also feeling it on my arms although its not as bad. I know this can be a sign of pre-eclampsia and was wondering if anybody has an idea of how bad it will be if this is why? ... Should i contact my midwife or GP?

My next midwifes appointment isnt until the 29th so unsure whether to wait until then and ask.

licoriceGreen Mon 19-Sep-11 09:18:00

There are a number of things that this can be. Give your midwife a call she might think it's best to get a blood test to check everything is as it should be and put your mind at rest.

m1nn1em0u5e Mon 19-Sep-11 09:59:03

I would get it checked out, there is also a liver condition Obstetric Cholestasis that causes itching in pregnancy, its better to be on the safe side.

PamBeesly Mon 19-Sep-11 12:21:28

I'd get it checked out to rule out OC. It could be PUPPP a skin condition of pregnancy. Cool showers, oatmeal baths, and E45 Itch relief cream help soothe it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now