Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does heartburn go away?

(7 Posts)
Jill72 Mon 19-Sep-11 08:00:30

36 weeks - heartburn returned with a vengeance - had the worst night of pregnancy last night. Please tell me this will disappear over night once baby is born???

shesparkles Mon 19-Sep-11 08:03:13

absolutely!I had it horrendously through both my pregnancies (think permanant white ring on mouth from swigging Maalox from the bottle!) and the minute the babies were delivered, no more heartburn

Pudding2be Mon 19-Sep-11 08:05:21

If it helps mine did! I used to get through industrial amounts of rennies and milk grin

My DD is three weeks old and I haven't had it since

georgie22 Mon 19-Sep-11 08:16:39

I was like an old drunk swigging Gaviscon Advance (bottle in paper bag!) everywhere - I had a bottle in the car, etc. Delivered baby and heartburn vanished! Best of luck with rest of pregnancy!

harassedandherbug Mon 19-Sep-11 10:33:57

I'm also swigging from the bottle, was the same with dd and it vanished completely as soon as she was born.

Good luck!

cate2310 Mon 19-Sep-11 12:54:06

I'm really hoping it does once DC is born - I'm 39 weeks pregnant and my husband was laughing at me yesterday saying that he doesn't know why they don't make bottles of Gaviscon Advance with a sports lid!!!! Says it all really!

susiey Mon 19-Sep-11 12:54:53

With baby number 1 & 2 it did with baby number 3 it has remained( mores the pitysad) just found out we're having a fourth and one of the reasons I tested was beacause I had heartburn that wouldn't go away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now