Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wanting a 2nd Baby...when DD is only 7 mts

(17 Posts)
scarlettlips Sun 18-Sep-11 20:48:56

I really really want another baby...i must be mad DD is nearly 7 months. What's wrong with me?!?! grin blush I'm not joking, please help.

DD's birth was fucking horrid, i feel sick just thinking about it challenging to say the least. So why oh why do I want another one!?

whackamole Sun 18-Sep-11 21:00:24

I went through exactly the same at exactly the same time when my twins were 7 months. Thankfully, head ruled and we didn't do anything about it as it would have been unbelievable!

I think it's a natural reaction as they start getting a bit more independent, crawling, weaning, etc.

Persevere for a couple of weeks and I can almost guarantee and you will change your mind again.

scarlettlips Sun 18-Sep-11 21:06:29

I think it's nature's way to keep us making babies grin grin

QueenCee Sun 18-Sep-11 21:41:08

Arrgggh! Don't do it! I'm 18 weeks pg with 2nd. DD is 10 months.
I got pg when she was 7 months old and still fairly immobile. It seemed like a good idea at the time!
DD started crawling at 8 months. I was in early stages of pg so tired anyway and it was made a hundred times worse when they are on the move.
I'm constantly exhausted and can only wonder how I will cope with 2!
Having said all that, don't think I would change a thing!!!
Will be bloody hard work though with only 16 months between them.

BikeRunSki Sun 18-Sep-11 21:46:45

It's because she is growing up and no longer new born and helpless.

At best (least) you'd have 16 months between babies if you got pg tonight. Same as between DH and DBIL. MIL said it was easy after a few months as DBIL just had to do what DH was doing, and had to learn to do it quicker.

My parents went for the more relaxed "several years between each" , which meant each older child was more independent, but the babies were spread out over 12 years!

stephm93 Mon 19-Sep-11 13:22:38

(Background info: I am the oldest of three by 13 years. My baby sister Lucy was born when I was 13, so has just turned 5. My little man (brother) was born 16 months later- he's 4 today actually :D )

It wasn't easy for my parents at all, it was made even worse by the fact my mum had to have a C-section with my brother- so she had to be pretty careful for 6 weeks after he was born- not easy with a toddler!

Luckily, there was the two of them, me, and a multitude of other relatives willing to help out, so they could get time out if they needed it.

Now, things are quite a bit easier (except that they are so competitive and Lu has such an advantage over him)- and I know full well that no-one regrets the situation.

The only one of all three of us that was planned was my sister. I was an accident at 19 (something we can laugh about now), then there was years of fertility problems, my 'miracle' little sister, and then the 'surprise' that was my brother.

It probably depends on your situation- my parents had so much support (and a live-in babysitter- me) so things were fairly easy for them.

Love my little brats to bits though!

SavannahRose Mon 19-Sep-11 16:06:42

Hey

My baby girl is 18 weeks and I'm 12 weeks pregnant with another!!!
I can't wait!!!!

Xxx

tvfriend Mon 19-Sep-11 16:11:14

17 months between DD and DS. It's fine. Lots of friends have gaps of 16, 17 and 18 months so I don't think it's at all strange or unusual. smile. Pros and cons to any age gap.

mumt1 Mon 19-Sep-11 16:53:10

Yep completely! My boy is 27 months and I am 9 weeks pregnant with number 2 and its soo hard having to run around after a toddler! As well as running a house and so on. I wish I got pregnant sooner, believe big chance it would of been easier

scarlettlips Wed 21-Sep-11 12:28:24

Thank you everyone...I think we'll look at maybe TCC at the start of next summer. So we have a spring baby again. DD will be nearly 2. However DH has said very sweetly that it's up to me and he doesn't mind.

SavannahRose OMG...Won't they be in the same year at school? If you don't mind...what have people said about DC2 or haven't you told them yet? Hope it's all going well and you're able to enjoy DD?

My sister had 4 under 6....and whist it was really hard work when they were tiny tiny. They are such great chums now it's really lovely. I think it also helped by the fact the oldest 2 are really easy children. 1 loves to tidy up, helpful chap! grin

Pudding2be Thu 22-Sep-11 15:24:30

My DD is nearly 4 weeks old and I'm still missing being pregnant. I must have forgotten morning sickness, aches and pains, no alcohol, constant trips to the loo, 48 hour labour ..... grin

We have planned TTC #2 next year ....

SavannahRose Fri 23-Sep-11 09:20:10

Hey scarlettlips

I've had great comments actually! Starting mainly with omg your crazy followed by it will be great they will be great friends and grow up together and I will get all the baby stuff out the way!

I'm feeling great now, if you had asked me 2 weeks ago I would of said sick as a pig!
Xx

harrygracejessica Fri 23-Sep-11 19:54:52

There is 15 months between my son and twin girls and its fab, was easy getting by - until the I had my 2nd set of twins and had all 5 kids in 4 year 1 month!!! A small age gap is lovely though, my 3 eldest are so close :-)

scarlettlips Sat 24-Sep-11 22:14:17

I was in the lift at John Lewis at about 35 weeks pregnant and a Mother of 2 young children, just turned at said....this (pointing to my tummy) is the easy bit. Great, cheers love..just what I needed to hear!

Whist people make comments in the early stages...do people even give it a 2nd thought when children are 20ish!!!

Thanks for your comments...very helpful. xx

saoirse86 Sun 25-Sep-11 21:03:10

I know a family who had 7 under 5, and a family who had 7 under 6. The second family had 2 sets of twins in the same year! They've all survived, and the mums look so young, like they never had time to age!

jezebelle Sun 25-Sep-11 21:57:06

ha ha, i'm 7 weeks and my baby boy is 14 weeks old !!! smile

CBear6 Sun 25-Sep-11 22:11:22

DS is only just 2yo (end of August), DD is 11 days old, I'm really broody for another one. I was the same when DS was born too. I had to have a caesarean this time around so they've recommended I wait at least 12 months, DH has agreed to discuss it around Christmas next year though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now