Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help!! decrease in movement week 21

(7 Posts)
kiki22 Sun 18-Sep-11 10:47:01

baby is usually very active but yesterday hardly moved and has only moved once today since 7.30 and it was very weak movement should i be worried??

kat2504 Sun 18-Sep-11 11:06:22

If there is a change in what is usual for you then give your midwife or hospital a call. Better to do that even if it does turn out to be a worry over nothing. At least if you can go in and have the heart beat checked it will reassure you.

deemented Sun 18-Sep-11 11:09:32

Any change in what is normal for your baby should be investigated.

Hope you are going to get checked out.

Crosshair Sun 18-Sep-11 11:20:59

Call your midwife as other have said above if worried ect.

But to give you some piece of mind in the meantime, Ive been having active and quiet days and Im now 25 weeks. Was actually worried yesterday as he was not very active at all, woke up at 3am and he was having a party. smile

Oeisha Sun 18-Sep-11 18:50:31

I'm 22wks and had nothing for about 18h on Wed...she's usually VERY active.
I ended up phoning triage expecting them to give calming platitudes and to get on with my evening, but no, they asked me to go in for a checkup. Everythign was fine. She'd just been quite and as I have an anterior placenta, was mainly kicking there so couldn't feel it.
SInce then, her pattern has changed a lot, and the more stressed active I am the quieter she is. Very little today as I've been rushing about more than is sensible (have left a rather miffed handover with work).
Defnintely phone your local triage (should be on your notes) if you can get there, if not your MW and ask to see someone asap. Whilst LO's probably just having a quiet day, it's not worth the worry.
If nothing else they'll check you over for the usual things (UTIs etc) that are also harmless, but can cause LO to go a bit quiet and will check LO's hb.
Hope all is well!

kiki22 Sun 18-Sep-11 20:40:36

panic over! phone was summoned in everything fine glad i went tho smile

Oeisha Sun 18-Sep-11 22:11:29

Good! Excellent news!
LO's been kicking the life out of me thisevening. 22 movements since 1800...
I've started monitoring her movements as her pattern was so clockwork before Wed and now seems a little erratic. I'm not wedded to the numbers in particular, but it's just fascinating and is helping me feel much closer to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now