Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Symptomless Pregnancy with a happy outcome?

(27 Posts)
themightyskim Sat 17-Sep-11 11:04:45

Im sorry I seem to be having a lot of gumbles on here at the moment but in a nut shell Ive never had massivly strong pregnancy symptoms - I knew I was because of mad dreams and a metallic taste and mood swings, at 6 weeks I had terrible pains and I was sent for a scan because they thought I was ectopic, however everything was fine, saw the egg sack and dated me at 4w6d

Since then that has never sat easy with me as I was certain I was further on, but have done my best not to think about it too much, battled constipation and stomach pains and generally felt lousy lol, over the past week my stomach has returned to normal, Im going as I should, stomach pains are pretty much gone, Im still hormonal and my dreams are still mad but thats it - no morning sickness, no breast changes, no real honest to god symptoms that I can grasp for a woman that is supposed to be 8-9 weeks pregnant

I work at the hospital and my midwife was playing scarlet pimpernel so I rang the bep clinic for some reassurance, the woman was lovely and said just to go for a scan on tuesday - Im terrified now! Totally fixed on the idea that the baby stopped developing at 5 weeks and Im going to see nothing, Ive had a terrible week in terms of lousy times at work, broken washer, broken fridge freezer and cant convert my loft for the baby so im already feeling stressed and this is the icing on a crappy cake

Can anyone offer me some hope thats been here in this situation?

talkingnonsense Sat 17-Sep-11 11:08:26

How awful to feel that way. It's probably fine, after all many women have so few symptoms they dont even know they are pregnant at that stage! But best of luck for the scan.

talkingnonsense Sat 17-Sep-11 11:08:49

Awful for you I mean, not you are awful!

themightyskim Sat 17-Sep-11 11:10:25

lol thanks talkingnonsense Ill be a gibbering wreck by tuesday at this rate!!

Crosshair Sat 17-Sep-11 11:19:37

My mum had no symptoms with me and she 'couldnt even tell till she was 20 weeks'. (She likes to mention this everytime I feel abit roughenvy)

Everyones different and hope you start feeling slightly more reassured soon!

tabulahrasa Sat 17-Sep-11 11:24:10

I was fine at that stage with both of mine, a bit tired, but no morning sickness, nothing ever really happened to my breasts, at all, lol.

They're 11 and 15 so I don't think anything was wrong, lol

lollystix Sat 17-Sep-11 11:52:34

I didn't find out that I was pregs with ds4 till I was 15 weeks. You'd think having been through it 3 times before I would be attuned. Only realised with ds1 cos my boobs started to hurt about 10 weeks. I'm one of those irritating people who takes well to pregnancy - hopefully you will be too grin

themightyskim Sat 17-Sep-11 11:55:01

Thanks guys I hope Im just lucky too - I found out very early on and part of me wishes that I hadnt until about now, less time to worry!!! I suppose Tuesday will give me some answers at least x

pootlebug Sat 17-Sep-11 13:02:54

Hopefully you are just lucky! There seem to be a lot of people who haven't realised they are pregnant at 8/9 weeks so I'm sure they were pretty symptom-free too.

All the best for Tuesday - hope the time passes quickly until then

Reallea Sat 17-Sep-11 17:47:06

I was pretty much symptom free in first pg except a little teary a few days before I took the pg test. Then my next symptom was growing a bump. Had a huge and healthy DS who was a bit tricky to get out but an absolute dream of a pregnancy and basically a bit of a dream baby who has never had any issues sleeping or feeding or anything.

Am now pg again and it's been a hellish pregnancy so far, now at 16weeks. Horrendous sickness, huge boobs, exhausted and sleeping up to 15 hrs a day, grumpy, over sensitive, you name it. Thing I'm going to have a nightmare baby this time round. But hopefully delivery will be easier!

themightyskim Sun 18-Sep-11 12:11:41

lmao Reallea maybe thats the secret its a little boy really

Thanks pootlebug im trying to keep busy and sensible about this not that its working :D

BaaBaaHerdwickSheep Sun 18-Sep-11 21:35:59

I was entirely symptom free in first pregnancy - was convinced I'd get to 12 week scan and there'd be nothing there. This time round I was pretty much the same apart from about 3 days of vague nausea (no actual sickness) around 7 weeks and tired in the evenings for a couple of weeks around 10-11 weeks. Never got bigger boobs, never got the metallic thingy, never had odd cravings.

So yes, I totally understand your concerns, but be optimistic - everyone responds to pregnancy differently. Good luck x

darksideofthemooncup Sun 18-Sep-11 21:43:49

I had a very similar situation to you except that I was also bleeding heavily. A scan showed that there was a viable pregnancy but I was convinced that I had lost it as I had zero pregnancy symptoms.

She is now nearly 4 years old and upstairs watching Peppa Pig when she should be asleep grin

figgygal Sun 18-Sep-11 22:00:15

Im at 28 weeks now and have completely missed all symptoms no sickness tiredness nausea cravings etc im one of the lucky ones maybe you are too

Bunsouttheoven Sun 18-Sep-11 22:14:34

With both dcs I had terrible sickness, moods, giant boobs & symptoms disappeared around 8/9 weeks. Then after a few weeks the heartburn etc kicked in again.

Try not to worry,easier said than done though.

themightyskim Sun 18-Sep-11 22:26:35

thanks everyone, Ive just been talking to my mum about whether I should go for the early scan, Ive just noticed the most hideous veins have developed all over my boobs today!! I dont want to take a space away from someone who is bleeding and really needs it, Im trying to decided if I an tough it out another 4 weeks until my scan - mum of course is pushing me to go for peace of mind and because she wants to see a picture

darksideofthemooncup Sun 18-Sep-11 22:42:21

Go for the scan, they will always fit an emergency in. Come back and let us know how you got on though and try not to worry. x

Dollybird99 Mon 19-Sep-11 11:47:40

I don't know if this offers any consolation, but I am 12 weeks, and for most of the last 6 weeks at least, I've had very few symptoms at all. In fact, my only real symptom has been horrendously painful (and bigger than normal) nipples!!! I have my first scan on Wednesday and hoping that they are going to tell me that there's a healthy normal sized baby in there and I'm not just imagining it!!!

pinkpeony Mon 19-Sep-11 13:16:22

With DC2 I had no symptoms - no morning sickness, no bloating, no weight gain in 1st trimester (possibly even weight loss) and not too much in the next 2, no nausea, no funny smells or tastes, no sore breasts.. The only "normal" pregnancy symptom I felt was tiredness (lots of it). She is now a healthy active 8 month old! Have the scan - it's the only way to get certainty - and good luck!

ToriaPumpkinPasty Mon 19-Sep-11 13:30:35

I had nothing but a thirst, heartburn (which I get when I'm stressed anyway) and tiredness. I was convinced at 12 weeks they were going to tell me I was imagining it. I'm now 34+4 and have bad hips in the morning and am still tired. And a massive bump that is kicking me in the bladder.

Go for the scan. It'll put your mind at rest and as Darkside said they will always fit an emergency in.

themightyskim Mon 19-Sep-11 19:33:44

Ive decided been told to go lol so watch this very nervous little space and thanks again for all your kind words and encouragement smile

lisakell Mon 19-Sep-11 20:58:57

I'm watching this one with interest as I have my 12 week scan this week and part of me still thinks I'm imagining it! Apart from being really tired for a few weeks I've had no symptoms but my Midwife says that most people who feel well get a bit paranoid! Good luck for your scan, I'm sure it'll be fine xx

themightyskim Tue 20-Sep-11 10:58:29

well ladies Im pleased to report that little pip was wriggling away happy as larry this morning, even had the cheek to wave at the camera lol, I cried like a baby when I saw it!! so lisakell I hope that reassures you, the lady scanning me says that a symptomsless pregnancy is a lot more common than people think x

darksideofthemooncup Tue 20-Sep-11 12:43:27

Fantastic news! really glad all is well xx

ToriaPumpkinPasty Tue 20-Sep-11 12:44:24

Very glad to hear all is well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now