Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40 + 2 weeks leak of pinkish fluid

(7 Posts)
yoshimigalloway Fri 16-Sep-11 23:23:25

Hi, i'm 40 + 2 weeks and just had a leak of clear, pinkish watery fluid. There wasn't much really but it soaked though my knickers and into my pjs. I haven't had a show and this was really thin not like what a think a plug would be like. I've put on a pad and i'll guess i'll wait and see? Any ideas? X

licoriceGreen Fri 16-Sep-11 23:26:02

I was told if I leaked pinkish (or greenish) liquid then it was likely to be my waters and to call the labour suite. I'd give them a call, good luck I'm jealous 40+ 1 and bouncing on the birthing ball.

grinningbee Fri 16-Sep-11 23:28:11

Ooooh, could be the start of things. Are you having a hospital birth? I'd just ring them to say what's happened and see what they say. They'll probably tell you to wait at home for a bit, but it can't hurt.

Any cramps or backache?

Good luck!

grin

2blessed2bstressed Fri 16-Sep-11 23:29:39

I'm no midwife, but I'd say your waters have broken, how exciting!

lollystix Fri 16-Sep-11 23:40:52

Yep - sounds like hindwaters.

banana87 Sat 17-Sep-11 11:07:58

Sounds like when my hindwaters went. I'd give labour ward a ring. Good luck!

Graciescotland Sat 17-Sep-11 11:16:29

Pinkish water was my waters breaking too. Call your midwives they'll want you to go in. Probably do a quick scan to check fluid, and an internal to see if waters have broken if fluid levels still high.

IME they give you 24 hours to go into labour or they'll induce you so be prepared to go in and return home again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now