Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant

(10 Posts)
Springtime26 Fri 16-Sep-11 20:39:57

hello
I don't know if anyone can help. Me and my husband are TTC (we are very new at this). I tend to have 33-34 day cycles. I was due on period yesterday.
I did a tesco cheapie, on Wednesday and was positive so did a CB digital which was positive at 1-2 weeks conception. I saw the gp this morning who also tested but was found to have 2 negatives (he wasn't very patient and only waited about 1-2 minutes).
So I did another test this evening on CB digital which was positve and 3-4 weeks conception.
so I am pregnant?
please help

girliefriend Fri 16-Sep-11 20:43:51

I would say yes, but it is very early days. Try not to think about it too much for a couple more days, retest again middle of next week if that is positiive go back to your g.p (thats what I would do!)

I take you're doing all the folic acid type stuff anyhow.

Good luck and congrats smile

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 16-Sep-11 20:44:52

Yes.

MmeLindor. Fri 16-Sep-11 20:47:04

Sounds very likely. grin

False positives are extremely rare. The chances of you getting three false positives is very slim.

Your GP sounds like an arse, is there a different one in the practice that you can see?

vigglewiggle Fri 16-Sep-11 20:47:11

As I understand it, you can get false negatives (GP's) but you don't get false positives. Congratulations!

I didn't think GP's still did pg tests though.

aethelfleda Fri 16-Sep-11 21:27:35

Do another test next week. If it's still positive then sounds like you are! Sometimes there is a thing called "chemical pregnancy" where you flip the test but the embryo doesnt implant properly and so you get a heavy period. If no period next week and the tests are still positive then you should be properly pregnant!

griphook Fri 16-Sep-11 23:15:02

I have a few false positive, which were caused by cysts, we were trying to conceive so if my period was late I would test. The thing I found with false positives was that, I'd test and get a positive and then I'd test again and again until i got my period, and each time the line would get ligher. hope that makes sense, with my un false tests the line would get darker every day. So if the line is getting darker then I'd say yes you are pg. But if you are in doubt you can ask for a blood test which is what I have done.

Also if you are just preg then when the doctor tested the hgc in urine may have been weaker depending on how much you wee'd in the day. Testing in the morning gets the best result

kat2504 Sat 17-Sep-11 08:11:38

The doctors use really cheap strips and like you say, he didn't wait the full 5 minutes. You have used a top of the range Evil Blue Diffage Indicator. They are 99.9% accurate. Believe the test, go back to the GP, and take another pee stick to show him! I have never been tested by the GP, they normally just believe you!

AlpinePony Sat 17-Sep-11 09:32:12

Why are you getting the doctor to do tests? confused

kat2504 Sat 17-Sep-11 10:33:41

yeah, you are pregnant, do another home test if you like, but bypass the doctor if need be and ask the receptionist to refer you to the midwife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now